CHAPTER 1~ Escapade

121 A

121 A.C
~KING'S LANDING~

VELLENA'S FAVORITE thing to do had always been the high Valyrian lessons she and her brothers were having each day, for herself being an easy-peasy since she had already learned the language on her own, it was hard if she could tell the truth, the pronunciations, the accents and especially the way the words would roll on the tongue forging the strange sensation yet satisfaction of knowledge. The urge to learn this language became an intoxication for Vellena with every book she had perused, every new term was a level up in her personal competition of evolving into perfection.

"Everybody, repet after me" the maester speechified walking around the table from the middle of the library, seating between her two sweet brothers. Vellena's mind was not really focused on the lessons in that exact moment something more important mattered in the attention of the little nine years old princess, her amazing mother, one of the most special person in her life was in pain, the suffering of birthing a child. Bringing into world a soul was a consequential occurrence for life and humanity but an atrocious one in the same time. And Vellena knew the consequences of it, reading about it in one of the books but only noticing the phrase by accident, not sure of how they were created still the process of deliverying them into the humankind was the hardest.

"Lykirī" the maester uttered highly explicit in attempt for the children to follow his words. The three Targaryen siblings were not so interested in his teaching, Aegon would rather drown in his cups or even search for a lonely maid in favour of his entertaiment, Helaena's delibaration was aimed in relation to her extremely rare and fascinating bugs since she brought a small spider that was strolling on her palm the entire time, while Aemond's only secret wish was to have a dragon aswell considering that he was the lone one of the King's children to not claim a creature that enthralling.

"Lykirī" the ones riveted reiterated the term, Vellena just with half of her mouth since she was familiar with it and other issues were occupying her wits then. How could her two brothers just sit in here and act this normal like nothing at all was happening within the castel while their lovely mother was for certain pleading for her life and the child's? was all the infant princess could think of, her head spinning with every second passing, with every new word the maester was telling them and they all had to retell it, it was suffocating truly. Arms around her long silk light pink dress holding the material in her hands as her eyes moved to the corner just to take a quick glance at the door every tiny second while she was saying aloud each lexeme from the maester, aderī... embrot... iōrās... paerī...

They must come and announce her about the condition of her mother, because she will be just alright and a new sibling is going to join their family, right? Vellena gripped so tightly on the dress, her fingers digging in as for a short moment the most hidious tenet crossed her mind however that could not be even possible, could it? She prayed strongly to be impossible. Men could fight, swing swords, hold councils, sit considerable chairs, wage into war, but the women, well... they've been given the greatest mission of all and that's bearing new life into this world full of many cruelties.