THE BLOOM

Dahlia April thought heartbreak was temporary, just like how others said it. She did not know her misery would be too far and deep from her expectations.

When she caught Aster trying to get along with other pretty girls, she felt like her world was giving up on the idea she hoped to have for the rest of her life. Ever since she became an orphan, she never thought someone else would make her feel so loved until they crossed paths.

The idea of having her own family with Aster went downhill. She knew that if she kept on imagining their love story living in their escape, it would be chaotic and meaningless because she knew that her heart wouldn't forget how he cheated on her and her mind wouldn't stop blaming him for the pain she had inside.

What's worse? If both my heart and mind did not agree with the same thoughts when I decided to give him another chance. And that's how she decided to live alone instead of giving their hearts a second moment to prove themselves to each other. 

But on April 2, in the year two thousand and twenty-three, Damien popped into her notification in her midwest. She first thought he was just curious about her relationship with her ex-boyfriend. She did not expect he would crack the wall she built for herself—to protect herself from any damage that people could cause—in just a week...or maybe weeks. She did not expect him to be so persistent even though all she did was chase him away every day he tried to get along with her.

And suddenly, their ambiance became different with just one topic that she never thought he was going through. When he appeared in her notification, she thought it would be bad for her if she became friendly like she used to before what happened to her and Aster.

Dale was like a dangerous man...at first instance, just like what her Yuri-chan was trying to point out when she was about to accept and know him. Her eagerness to save her heart from possible pain made her follow her cousin's words.

But now... I felt like I was a dangerous woman in their eyes. She felt like a heroine and became the most hated villain because of how she acted towards Damien. She was aware that he had a heart problem yet she hastily blocked him without minding what could happen next.

"What did I tell you before? Sinabi ko naman sa 'yo ang possible cause ng magiging desisyon mo. When you two decided to try things together, kalaunan kakainin ka lang ng takot at pangamba kapag nangyari ang ganiyang bagay," Yuri reminded in her authoritative tone. Following seconds, she took a heavy breath when she saw the tears falling down Dahlia April's cheeks before she could add more. So she immediately sat beside her and then slowly stroked her hair. "Look at you now. Anong gagawin mo? I mean it's been a week since you cut your connection with him. Are you just going to let—" 

"I don't know... I don't know, Yuri-chan, okay?" Dahlia wiped her tears and bit her lips while her hands were trembling, and then uncomfortably adjusted her seat. "I first thought that he was just enjoying his things since he's been eager to receive big projects, and I was trying to understand that...while my head was slowly going crazy day by day because I felt like he was going to forget or neglect me sooner.

"I-I got hurt with that thought, Yuri-chan. I thought he was different from Aster! But I know to myself that I shouldn't have said those at the same time because he has heart problems... Thinking that if I caused him too much pain or stress, his health would be at risk... But my thoughts, I can't help but think indifferent."

"I understand what you are feeling." Yuri sighed and silently smacked her lips. "But why you didn't ask him first before concluding, then? I mean you have the "thing" in between so I think it's okay for you to ask if something was bugging your heart or you could tell all the thoughts that keep shaking your head. I'm sure he's mature enough to give you the reassurance that you need.