Prologue

Warning! This chapter may contain triggering languages. Read at your own risk.

What went wrong?

It was just another usual sunny day for me. I get up from my bed, dress in my normal school attire, and ride the bus to the university I am currently enrolled. My classes went on as it typically would; a few boring lectures, a nerve-wracking recitations with the strict professor, and a vacant schedule due to absence of a teacher.

I came across with an old acquaintance of mine in a different program. We chatted for awhile, talking about this and that.

"Oh, by the way... I heard you quit Volleyball now. Why though?" she asks out of the blue.

I get that kind of question a lot. It is understandable though- I was the team's valued player after all.

Shrugging it off, I replied, "Well, things happened. I wasn't really planning on dedicating my life to sports."

After a few minutes of random chit chats, we finally bid our goodbyes.

My day went on until 7PM, the usual dismissal of my last class. On the way home, I received a text message from another acquaintance of mine. Fully expecting another chit chats, I was rather surprised by the news delivered to me.

Acquaintance 1

7:34 pm

**** committed suicide a while ago. They said it was because of a failing mark from a major subject.

Seen 7:36 pm

How sad. The pressure must've gotten him. He was one of the top performing students of the school.

As I arrived at our home, my parents welcomed me with the same news I received as usual.

"See, my dear daughter? That's why you can't afford to falter even just for a millisecond. We don't want you to end up like your schoolmate," my mother said in a calm demeanor, like she was just sharing a random quote.

"She's right. Remember not to tarnish our name, daughter. You wouldn't want to face the consequences, do you?" my father added.

Just like how I'm expected to be, I nodded like an obedient little girl. Despite being eighteen years of age, I never got to have a taste of what freedom truly was. I already gave up on it, too. It was futile- I already tried doing so. But it was never easy to begin with, especially when I am dealing with a psycho father.

My usual routine continued.

Staying up late with books sprawled all over the table and my bed, lots of coffee beside me, the noise coming out of the air conditioner, and my vision starting to become hazy.

I am on my fourth book for this evening... or should I say almost dawn?

People who sees me might wonder if there's a big test coming up, but it's not the case for me. My father would make me go through a mental and emotional warfare with him if I don't do what he wants. As if these readings would make me become the next Einstein. Psh.

The rooster started to crow. I only slept for an hour again. At least for this time, I had a 'decent' sleeping time.

Another usual cloudy day for me. I get up from my bed, dress in my normal school attire, and ride the bus to the university I am currently enrolled. However, this time...

I didn't make it to the school.

----

A/N:

I have resurrected once again with another JJK stuff :') What are ya'lls thoughts about the recent manga updates? Me, I'm not okay at all... ha...