CH-1 Return to Familiarity

The world was black, no sign of life, no sign of anything. An empty abyss where you couldn't consider if you were on ground or falling deeper in, a low rumble caught your thoughts and for the first time you saw something... something you wish you didn't. You tried to run but even while running you didn't move an inch, like you were a cartoon character stuck on the background and you could hear the thing slowly approach closer. You screamed, yelled, begged for someone to help you, and no matter what nothing and no one came to help. Tears streamed down your face as you felt something slimy pour down your ankles and you didn't need to see the black burning slime slowly rising against your entire body.

You closed your eyes feeling your body being melted and dissolved from the toxic slime and kept trying to scream out your agony, you could feel your heart pounding against your chest as the ooze was reaching higher and trapping your chest. You felt hot breath against your cheek and you squinted your eyes open a smidge to see the things skeletal dripping face staring back, it roared in your face and reared its incisors at you, lunging and plunging into your shoulder blade, dissolving into the slime it produced and causing more pain to you. You were dying, it was killing you in the slowest way it knew. You knew it would do this but you were always afraid, there was no way of ever stopping this neverending nightmare.You felt a clench around your heart as you struggled to breath, feeling the slime reaching your chin, with what remained of your slowly dissolving body you heard quick but ear-splitting CRACK-

You screamed gasping for air like youd lose it again, you glanced around the room and once you realised where you were you controlled your breathing and your pounding heart. Same nightmare, same restless slumber. It was a pain. "Why aren't the meds working?" You muttered glancing at the yellow bottle of pills and empty glass by your bedside table, you went to a doctor and a therapist and both suggested the medication to have, yet the meds had no work despite being told they'd work after 3 days of intake. "So much for help." You throw the medication in a disposal bin and sat up properly, it was dark so it was early in the morning.

You looked over at your alarm and noticed it read 4:56 in the morning and setting a new record for what time the nightmare usually woke you up, you rub the bridge of your nose and grumble, "another sleep lost. Why now of all times to have a nightmare?" You pulled the sheet aside and pulled yourself out of bed, cracking your back and limbs to unlock them from their stiff slumber states. "Same dream?" You glanced at the foot of your bed to see two illuminated amber eyes staring back, they held concern. "Mhm, the meds were a false hope sadly. Ah well. Nothing I can do about it now." The eyes bobbed in a nodding motion and vanished under the bed while you headed to the bathroom. You looked up at yourself in the mirror and frowned. "Crap, more beauty care for me to cover up these bags."

You grabbed the extenadble shower top and flicked your hair all in your face while you bent down, you turned on the taps and gave your hair its monthly wash of care, rinsing and scrubbing in the shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy

You grabbed the extenadble shower top and flicked your hair all in your face while you bent down, you turned on the taps and gave your hair its monthly wash of care, rinsing and scrubbing in the shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy. You rarely got this so you made sure to at least do a care-wash once a month while having normal showers every two days, after removing all the shampoo and conditioner you rinsed it all out and tied your hair up in a hair towel to keep it steady before drying it off. You then reached into your sink and grabbed your toothbrush, paste, eye patches, Aloe face mask, and acne ointments and cream. You stepped up to the mirror and began washing your face thoroughly, then you rubbed the ointments and cream into your skin to avoid sweat filled pores from popping up, next you slid the eye patches under your eyes where the bags were and finally placed the face mask on your face.