•2•

"Kiari, I am not about to argue with you right now. Take your daughter and leave. You know I am tired and I have to be at work in a few hours, please don't be inconsiderate." B said calmly.

"You mean to tell me you can't stand here for a few minutes, so we can talk about OUR daughter. What, you don't love her no more or something?" Kiari snickered.

Anger took over B's body. She tried to be calm and orderly, but eventually lost it after listening to Kiari's words.

"Don't you ever say anything like that again. I love my daughter with all my heart. How could you say some shit like that knowing damn well your daughter is standing right there!" B yelled as she smacked Kiari's cheek.

Kiari placed his hand on his cheek. He looked at B and scuffed, "If you would assault me like that, how do I know you won't hurt my daughter too. I'm going to have to tell the courts about this."

"You wouldn't dare!" B said through gritted teeth.

"Watch me!" Kiari said lowly as he picked up Kulture, and placed her on his shoulders. "Let's ride princess!"

Kiari walked out the front door leaving it wide open. B stood in the living room attempting fight back tears.

She wants to have full custody of her daughter, so she does not have to put up with Kiari's shit any longer. But she can't, B is in a predicament were Kulture living with her would not be safe. B knows that in due time she will save up enough money, move out of building Z, get away from Christian, and give Kulture the life she deserves.

"Kiari just left didn't he?" Megan asked while walking into the apartment, closing and locking the front door.

B wiped her tears and nodded her head.

Megan sat the grocery bags on the ground, walked over to B, and wrapped her in a strong embrace.

"You know you can't continue to let him do this to you bestie. Everytime you let him steal your happiness, you let him win." Megan told B.

"I know." B sniffled.

"Go sit on the bed. I'm going to put the groceries away, then we can eat ice cream and chat." Megan said, as she let go of B.

B went to her bedroom. She took off her clothes and put on a oversized white t-shirt and a pair of underwear. Once she finished changing, she placed her old clothes in the dirty hamper. B walked back over to her bed, sat down, and wrapped a blanket around herself.

A few minutes later Megan walked inside the room with two bowls of ice cream.

"Here you go." Megan said, while handing B a bowl of ice cream.

"Thank you." B said lowly.

"Anytime." Megan said with a small smile.

Megan sat down on the bed beside B. They ate their ice cream in silence until B broke the silence by speaking, "I am so sorry Megan."

"I know you are, you tell me almost every day." Megan mumbled. She was not interested in having this conversation again. Megan wants to leave it in the past and move forward.