I. Sleeping And Fucking Profanity

Sleeping is such an interesting and simple act. It's like dying without the commitment and without having to plan a "b-day party" with no cake and only men in black. And on top of that, no one can ever tell you that you're doing it wrong since a 'right way' of sleeping doesn't exist. There's just sleeping. Resting. Charging.

It's also such a great way of getting rid of your problems, running away from them.

I mean what the fuck are my dark thoughts gonna do? Come after me?

Well, besides giving me some  pretty ugly fucking nightmares, they can't get to me in any other way while I'm asleep. Truth is, at the end of the day,

It's the problems that I have to face while i'm awake that give me headaches.

In the daytime, i have to solve my problems, and the key to that is pure self control. Which i can't seem to be able to get my hands on. It's all about  controlling your urges and thoughts and through that, you'll also be able to control your environment and therefore, your whole life.

From begginging to end, we are the root to everything that happens to us.

Everything we experience through our life starts and ends with us.

"Yah! I lost again!" someone at the back of the bus yelled making me wake up abruptedly as a nasty migrene took over me. I felt like my head was about to explode. I turned around in pure anger as my eyes began to scan the bus looking for the culprit.

Of course it was Heo Yul. That motherfucker must have a deathwish.

I got up with my eyes fixated on the target as a bloody red color took over my sight. After a short time of walking towards him, I finally got close enough to be able to slap his head, probably a little harder than i had intended in the first place. He winced in pain, putting a hand over the back of his head as he turned around, confused.

"YAH!" he said as he looked up at me, offended.

"What?" i asked as my eyes widened, pure anger written all over my face.
"Stop victimizing yourself if you keep annoying everyone around you. Don't expect others to thank you for it." i said as my expression slowly got more and more unreadable with each word. He rubbed the back of his head as he looked down at his shoes.  I turned around shaking my head in annoyance but before i managed to take a step, someone grabbed my hand, making me stop in my tracks.

"Hyejin-ah, stop being so brutal. You know he didn't mean it." Hyun Ho said, looking at me through his eyebrows with a calm look on his face. I rolled my eyes as i harshly took my hand out of his grip with a scoff before looking down straight into his eyes with pure hatred:

"I forgot Yul has two guard dogs following his ass around to make sure he doesn't break his fucking neck everytime he moves a muscle." i looked back at Heo Yul with an ironic smirk on my face "It would be nice if you'd keep them on a tight leash next time. All of you are being fucking pathetic." i looked back at Hyun Ho as the smirk  quickly vanished from my face.

"YAH HYEJIN-AH!" Hyun Ho said through his teeth "Watch your mouth! I know you enjoy making people feel like crap but the fact that we're related won't stop me from putting you in your place!" he  threatened, his expression way too serious to be taken as a joke as i was meaning to at first.

Taken aback by his words, my whole face dropped before i stared him up and down in disgust while trying to hide the fact that i was a little impressed of how my twin brother was slowly adapting to my hatred towards him.

I truly hated his guts.

And it wasn't even his fault. Since we were little, my parents only had eyes for him and his achievements.

Hyun Ho this, Hyun Ho that.

"Hyun Ho got a reward"

"Hyun Ho is the perfect student"

"Hyun Ho is the perfect son"

"Hyun Ho"

"Hyun Ho"

Hyun Ho.

That's all they've ever known. I didn't even exist. I was just this unwanted shadow, a wreck who only wasted space in their home.

My achievements didn't matter.

Neither did i.

And since i was a burden to all of them, i decided it would be easier for me to be one of the worst and make myself seen in other ways-

Assault.

Vandalism.

Shoplifting.

Basically being an overall pain in the ass. The black sheep. The one they couldn't get away from. Maybe i wasn't recieving any love or care from them but...

At least they were seeing me.

They were finally seeing the other kid they had.

The worst part of it all is the comparison they would make between the two of us. It's the thing i despised the most since it made me hate Hyun Ho so much more than i already did.

Comparison kills personalities and bonds.

That's another thing they always failed to understand.

Before finally turning around, my eyes accidentally landed on someone who had been staring in my direction for quite a while. He didn't say a word he just stared at me in silence, waiting patiently for my next move. When he saw that i noticed him staring, he didn't move a muscle. He just stared deeply into my eyes, waiting for a response.

I looked him up and down before speaking up:

"Yah Kyung Jun, what the fuck are you looking at?" i asked as i looked at him with no emotion, but the only response i got in return was a short chuckle from him before finally turning his attention to the view out the window. Shaking my head annoyed, i bit back a cuss word as i finally turned around and went back to my seat, next to Jun Hee.

"This is bullshit." i whispered noticing that he was asleep, before putting my headphones over my head as i let my head fall back in hope that i was going to fall back asleep.

As i said, i was an ace at running away from my problems, but that wasn't gonna stop them from increasing...

-
‼️NOTE: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED ON THIS STORY BEFORE THE FIRST CHAPTER WAS EVEN OUT :)) Y'ALL ARE AMAZING. ALSO, THIS CHAPTER WAS MORE OF AN INTRODUCTION TO THE MAIN CHARACTER AKA JANG HYEJIN. I PROMISE THERE WILL BE MORE ACTION IN THE NEXT CHAPTERS. IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW SINCE ENGLISH ISN'T MY FIRST LANGUAGE. <3‼️
-
UNDER EDITING!