୨⎯ chapter 3 ⎯୧

duncan's pov:

so. there's that. theres a painfully hot new girl and i'm obviously not her type.

nah she wants me.

i grab my history book from my mess of a locker and walk into the class.

i see courtney sitting next to the window and walk over to her and sit next to her.

'fate, am i right?' i turn to her and raise my eyebrows. 'nope, just dumb luck.' she replies coldly and doesn't even look in my direction.

'gee sorry princess, didn't expect you to be all

pissy.' i say as i turn to face right in my desk.

i feel her eyes turn to me but face back to the window slowly. 'princess..?' i hear her mumble under her breath.

i feel myself smirk at her confusion and look over at her with my cheek in my hand. 'you like the nickname , princess?' she scoffs, 'you wish.' i can see her smiling from the window reflection.

'so-' i start to say but our history teacher, mr.cline walks in slowly. 'good morning class, i have important news.' he starts, 'we are going to a camp called camp wawanakwa to study the camp sight.' the whole class oos at his statement, 'but i need you to take these home and get these signed by your parental guardian.' he says as he licks his finger to grab more papers.

he hands me and courtney our papers and i smirk at her. 'ha, we will be on a island together for a weekend huh?' she smiles sarcastically , 'it seems so.'

that's progress right?..

i don't even know her good yet.

why do i feel this way?