Amazing

Positive.

A couple of weeks before, I had started to feel...weird. I felt nauseous in the mornings, and I felt kind of bloated. This, along with the absence of my period, raised my suspicions. So, without telling my boyfriend, I went to a pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test. Well, three actually, just to be absolutely sure. Taking advantage of the fact that Nick was taking a nap, I sneaked into the bathroom and did the tests. And all three were positive. There was no doubt about it, I was pregnant.

I was sitting on the bathroom floor, back against the wall, trying to wrap my head around it when I heard Nick's voice on the other side of the door.

" Baby, is everything all right? You've been in there for quite a while."

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine." I said, snapping out of the state of shock I was in.

"I'm going to go outside for a while, take a dip in the pool or something, are you coming?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'll put on my bikini and go outside. I'll be there in five minutes." I heard his footsteps walk away and sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Fifteen minutes later I was sitting on the edge of the pool, my legs in the warm water as the sun bathed my skin. I looked at Nick, who was just coming out of the pool. I had to tell him, it was important that I did. He came over to me with a smile and sat down next to me, smiling before giving me a small peck. Seeing my serious expression, he frowned slightly as he pushed a strand of hair away from my face.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he murmured as he placed small kisses on my cheek. I just nodded, and smiled before slowly kissing his lips. When we pulled apart, Nick jumped up. "You know what? Why don't you put on some music while I make some mojitos, and we'll liven this up a bit, huh?"

"Yeah, okay." I mumbled, taciturnly, as I lightly splashed in the pool with my feet. "But I shouldn't drink alcohol."

"And why is that?" he asked, amused. "I know you're very healthy and love to take care of yourself, but just once don't..."

"No, it has nothing to do with that." I said getting up, standing in front of him. My voice trailed off, not knowing how to keep going. He looked at me with intrigue. Still unable to articulate a word, I rested my hand on my belly. "I can't drink alcohol."

His eyes went wide and he looked down at my hand in complete silence. I watched him swallow hard. "Wait...you're pregnant?" I nodded, my voice gone again. "How long have you known?"

"I was supposed to get my period a couple of weeks ago, and earlier, when I was in the bathroom, I was taking the test." Seeing that he was in complete shock, I slowly approached him. "Tell me what you're thinking."

He watched me for a few seconds before resting his hands on my arms. His confused expression turned into a soft smile. "This...this is amazing."

I was surprised. "Oh, really?"

He caressed my face tenderly. "Of course it is. I'm going to be a daddy... To a baby, yours and mine... How could it not be amazing?"

I laughed softly, wrapping my arms around him. He had reacted to the news as I had hoped he would. "I love you so much, Nick."

He rubbed my back and pressed a kiss to my nose. "I love you too, my love." He rested his hand on my belly. "And I love you too, little one." He whispered.