24: I LOVE YOU

Kita clenches his eyes shut before he does so, and he tucks his hands under his jacket

Kita clenches his eyes shut before he does so, and he tucks his hands under his jacket. He also closes his mouth, and this way Alexis can't see any of his vampire characteristics. This way Kita at least still has some control, though he's only prolonging the inevitable. God, he's so fucked. He can't even talk or Alexis will see.

A few beats of silence go by before Alexis speaks, and he sounds confused. Kita takes a moment to treasure the lack of hatred in his voice, because he's about to lose the love forever. His entire body is trembling.

"Why aren't you looking at me—what's wrong with your eyes?"

Yeah, that's unsurprising. The thin skin of Kita's eyelids would not be able to hide the blinding glow of his eyes, no matter how tightly he were to clench them. He takes a deep, shaky breath before he finally just gives in, deciding to get this over with. He's done with the silent torture, it's time for Alexis to know.

So, Kita opens his eyes.

The first thing he notices is Cordelia on Alexis' head, who was clearly the only option since Kita locked himself away. He also takes note that Alexis is in his hunting armor, his sword in its sheath on his hip and everything. He even still has his boots on, so he must've come directly to check on Kita upon his arrival.

Finally, Kita works up the nerve to look at Alexis' face.

What he finds there makes it even harder to breathe. He knew Alexis wouldn't be happy, he knew that. He was fully aware, but he wasn't prepared for the look on the man's face. He's never seen anything like it. Alexis' silver gaze is like stone, and it's almost disbelieving. He has a wary look to his eye, and actually takes a step back. He's looking at Kita like he's a completely different person, like they're strangers, and it fucking hurts.

Kita chokes back more tears, gulping and trying to prepare his voice to speak again. He needs to say something! He needs to defend himself, to explain. He needs Alexis to stop looking at him like that.

"Th- That night, at— with the vampire attack, I... he, um..." Kita is having a really difficult time formulating words, and when he speaks, Alexis' eyes shoot down to his mouth. To his sharp, scary looking monster teeth. His gaze hardens, and Kita feels fear beginning to kick in.

A few beats of silence go by before Alexis speaks, and Kita holds his breath the whole time. Well, he mostly just can't breathe at all. He's never felt like this before, especially not around Alexis, and it's terrifying.

"Its been months." Alexis says, and he's right. It has been months since the attack. Kita has been lying for months, he's been miserable, this secret has been ripping him to pieces for fucking months.

Oh god, oh no. So not only is Alexis clearly not happy with the fact that he's a vampire, and that's an understatement, but he's also upset with Kita for lying. Kita doesn't even know what to do, doesn't know how to defend himself right now. In his defense, however, Alexis does absolutely hate vampires. Why on earth would Kita want to reveal that he is one?