Voices

Ghost was shocked at Sherlock's accurate deduction. Penny had been forgotten as Ghost stood, paralyzed, rigid with fear.

Then it hit him.

Why has he not suspected? Sherlock Holmes, the detective, shows up in his flat (well, it was Toast's) asking for help with a paranormal entity? No. Something was up, and either Toast or himself was a suspect. Ghost guessed the latter.

"What's going on?" He demanded. "What's happened? Why am I a suspect?" Ghost's voice trembled.

"Well, technically you're not." John admitted after a moment's silence.

"What do you mean?" Ghost took a step back.

"You're the only face that matches the one from the security tapes." Sherlock explained. "Except for two important differences. The man in the tape had blood red eyes, and he said his name was Jimmy Casket." Toast face-palmed.

"Sir, I was visiting family yesterday, what happened? Did you cut yourself or something?" Toast asked.

"Well, yes, but- Toast what does accidentally cutting myself have to do with me being a suspect of a detective?" Ghost asked. Penny, realizing she wouldn't be getting any further attention, disappeared with an exasperated sigh. "I-I mean I might've fainted from the sight of blood," Ghost admitted, "but I woke up where I had passed out."

"Unfortunately, everything has to do with that, sir." Toast sighed. John opened his mouth to say something, looking confused, but Sherlock held up a hand. "Sir, I probably should have told you a while ago." He turned to Sherlock. "We'll have to come back later." He said apologetically. "But Ghost is not responsible for whatever you suspect him of."

3.14~3.14~3.14~3.14~3.14~3.14~3.14

Ghost sat in his room, hugging his knees on his bed. It can't be. I've never killed anyone. He thought to himself.

Nah, you haven't. I'm afraid I'm the one to blame. A voice giggled in his head.

"What?!" Ghost looked around his room.

Where are you looking? I'm in your noggin, doofus! The voice held back another laugh. You wouldn't believe how boring it gets up here. But now that you know about me, I can talk all I want! The voice burst into laughter.

"J-Jimmy?" Ghost let go of his knees.

Yup. Glad you're not a complete moron. Jimmy said sarcastically.

"Leave me alone." Ghost grumbled.

Psh, like you can make me. Jimmy laughed. But hey, you wanna know my secret? Ghost shivered.

"No, I think I'd rather not." He muttered.

C'mon, guess! I'll keep bothering you until you guess. Jimmy threatened. Ghost rolled his eyes.

"I don't know, Jimmy, what is this most interesting secret?" He asked sarcastically.

I'm BATMAN. Also, why are you talking out loud? Toaster will think you're as crazy as... well, me! Jimmy chuckled. He babbled about how boring it was in Ghost's head (except when he was asleep, then Jimmy could watch his dreams), and how much he'd like to stab someone. Ghost eventually lay down and pulled his bed covers over his head.

"Shut up!" Ghost yelled into his pillow.

Okay, okay, geez! You don't have to be so bossy! Jimmy grumbled. He quieted down, and Ghost eventually fell into a troubled sleep.