𝟭𝟭. 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹

February 2023... ( Emmas's POV )

For the first time in nearly six months, today I actually woke up in a good mood for once. Even despite the fact that I still remember too well every second of 2019. How could I ever forget the most golden, carefree year of my life so far. Of course I am quite hopeful for this year to be a vast improvement compared to the atrocious disarray 2022 had brought forthwith. 

2020 was obviously a doomed year since the first month whilst 2021 lies on the neutral side. Calling 2021 'neutral' is quite an understatement, but at least it wasn't 2020. To me it seems as if 2022's pure intentions were to heap the same exact way that 2020 did, but this time in sleek disguise. 

So far, these past three years haven't managed to live up to my personal favorite, 2019. Perhaps the lack of Heather's presence in my life could be why.

April 13th, 2019 is locked and sealed right at the back of the sheer, brittle crevices of my mind and also holds a special place in my heart. What I'm reckoning to foreshadow right now is the sacred day Heather and I met. It all smoothly unraveled like destiny calling upon two young soulmates, vividly meant to be and perfectly curated for each other.

~ f l a s h b a c k ~

" Hey Heather! I'm homeee from my first day at Bridgette Middle School! " Matilda called out to the intricate teenage girl standing right beside her room, holding up a broad book right between the palm of her hands. She seemed to be Matilda's older sister, who received an impressive amount of acclaim from what I've heard so far.

" Okay... " The teenage girl, known as Heather shyly mumbled. Her eyes seemed to be intensely glued to the pages of the book she's reading, rather than pay much attention to Matilda or I.

" You're probably wondering who my new friend is, right? " Matilda cheerily chirped, emphasizing the word 'friend'. She clasped her hands in enthralled excitement and coveted to introduce us. " Heather, meet Emma! Emma, meet Heather! "

" Oh, um... hi? " Heather timidly greeted, giving off extensive vibes that she's a well reserved introvert. 

I unconventionally peered into Heather's room, astonished by the sight of My Little Pony figurines sitting right beside her closet. " Oh my gosh, is that Fluttershy? How adorable! " I squealed, failing to mind my own business and sprinted right into her room.

Heather sheepishly tilted her dainty glance towards my direction." Oh, I... don't judge me. I know fourteen is too old to adore something so childish anyways." 

" Wow, it's like you didn't hear me at all. " I chuckled. " You're quite oblivious, you know? "

" Oh! " She lightly gasped as her eyes widened at the same time. " You like MLP? "

" Of course! " I exclaimed. " I'm pretty childish in the sense that I still love silly stuff from my childhood, like MLP or Disney. I get made fun of that all the time by friends and classmates. I hate it, but I guess it's well deserved for liking magical ponies who teach about the magic of friendship. "

" Yeah, that's exactly why no one other than my sister is aware of my fascination with MLP. " Heather solely admitted. " I'm kind of known as the Golden girl around here. I have a certain reputation to withhold. "

" Hey, that's okay. I can keep a secret. " I softly smiled as a form of consolation.

" Say, what's your name again? " She examined my t-shirt, sporting with a couple buttons with the words 'Taylor Forever' and the Speak Now album cover. Under the impression that perhaps that was in fact my name, she spoke up again. " When can I see you again, Taylor? "