• Before chaos

[TW:Dark content]

“What the hell are you doing here?!” I can't believe I'll ever wake up with someone sneaking into my blanket.

“You weren't supposed to wake up...”

“No shit! You woke me up from your... I can't even..” I spoke with pure disgust.

The black haired male couldn't even look me in the eyes. Instead staring at the floor in embarrassment.

“Leave.” The moment i said that, he finally looked at me in the eyes with a rejected look.

“You don't understand! I... I did that because—!” I didn't even let him finish. Walking out of my room, not being able to even stay another second with him.

As expected, he followed just behind me. He was more affected with the fact I'm kicking him out, instead of being embarrassed of me catching him trying to get under my blankets.

“I expected better from you giyuu. Leave.” I looked at him threatening, and hatred. like he was the demon lord himself.

He didn't say anything, but slowly walked out of my front door.

“I'll do better next time...” Then he disappeared.

‘Next time? What the hell...’ I thought to myself how dangerous it is for me to keep staying here. ‘But other than here, there's so safer place.’

I decided to ditch my deserved rest, waking up 2 hours earlier than I should've had. By now it's probably 3:30. Packing necessary items to pack, and walking myself to shinobu's estate for some couple of medicines and aids.

Before i could even reach her nursing house, i heard soft footsteps. ‘Im sure shinobu shouldn't be coming back until 2 months from now.’ I didn't make it such a big of a deal, continuing to walk towards the gate .

‘What...’ I never expected to see a walking kagaya by himself. He is taking small steps and occasionally patting the wall he is taking support to.

“Master.” I went closer to him softly, to not scare him.

“(y/n). I didn't expect you to be coming.” Lie, the ubuyashiki family has a specialty for their foresight. He predicted your visit. But no one needs to know.

“You shouldn't be by yourself.” I took one of his hands to mine. But he reached out for me to hold his other hand. ‘Its unnecessary to hold both of his hand.’

“I didn't mean to worry you (y/n).” He smiled after saying that. He told me his destination, luckily it's the same as mine. So i held his hand while walking, but he wrapped both of his arms around mine.

‘This is weird.’ I didn't make my unease obvious, still showing my respect for him. He is clinging to me like that until we reached the storage room, i gently sat him on the table. Taking the stuff i needed, and taking his as well.

“Master... How did you manage to walk alone?”

“I knew the area like the back of my hand. As I lived here practically my entire life.” Kagaya laughed, he was enjoying that I'm initiating the conversation.

I continued grabbing some items, occasionally looking at kagaya from time to time. ‘How can he keep a position and face like that. I admire it yet fear it at the same time.’

“I can feel someone staring... Is that you?” Kagaya said with a slight sly tone.

“My bad, master. I didn't realize.” He chuckled at my response.

After finishing everything, i packed his items to take. And gently placed him down from the table. He automatically clung onto my arms.

While walking towards the exit of the estate. Until i saw a familiar face. I halted my steps, making kagaya squeeze my arms tighter.

Kyojuro.” The said person looked towards me, he looked joyful at hearing my voice. He was about to greet back, but stopped when his eyes landed on kagaya.

“Is master okay?” Kyojuro asked, walking closer towards us both.

“I'm fine my child.. I appreciate your concern.” Kagaya smiled towards the voice of kyojuro.

Kyojuro's face went from tense to relief from kagaya's answer.

“Are you busy kyojuro?” I asked, making him look at me.

“I'll never be busy for you! What do you need?” He replied enthusiastically.

I felt kagaya squeeze my arm again after kyojuro said that. “Maybe you can take the master to his quarters?” I asked. I felt kagaya tense up, but I didn't mind it.

Ofcou—”

“I know i gave you a mission child...” Kagaya interrupted. I looked at kagaya, then kyojuro. Questioning if it's true. But kyojuro also looked confused.

“Oh... My crow is probably locating me. I'm sorry (y/n).” Kyojuro said before waving good bye to both of us then departing.

‘Weird, from what i heard. Kyojuro just came back a few hours ago.’ I thought, continuing my walk towards kagaya's estate.

Reaching the front door, i saw his wife waiting. She looked relieved on seeing kagaya with someone who could protect him.

“You're back. Thank you (y/n), let me take him.” Amane said with sincerity. She took kagaya's arm, leading him inside their abode. Kagaya waved goodbye in a sad manner.

‘It often freaks me out on how kagaya is 5 years older than me.’ I quickly departed from their house. Focusing on my main task.

Avoiding giyuu and forgetting about him.

‘i can do that by slaughtering demons, it will also help me improve. So it's a win win.’ I thought while practically flying between the trees. The cold weather kissing my skin.

' Do you like this? Then you'll love optessimist's work. '