Chapter 1

Explosions shook the ground and the scent of sulfur invaded Rui's nostrils. He grabbed a knife from his belt and ran away from the fire that was rapidly advancing towards him.

He pulled down his cloak to mask his features before going down his planned route. He slashed across a soldier's throat, alerting the rest of the group. The group turned around, leaving them prone to enemy attack.

That was all he could remove without arousing suspicion.

His job was done.

—-———————————————————————————————————————————

"Victory is almost ours, Tsukasa."

"Indeed, Father."

"Now, it is your job to capture the royal family. They are already weak. The brick wall has been destabilised, and now it is your job to knock it down."

"Yes, Father."

—-———————————————————————————————————————————

Tsukasa fought through enemy lines, guards and soldiers, to reach the place where the Kamishiro royal family was hiding. How cowardly of them to not help with thier own soldiers!

He slashed and ducked the blows of the guards. This was too easy. It was as if the royal family wanted to be taken.

When he reached the throne room at the centre of the palace, he smiled triumphantly as he saw the Kamishiros waiting there for him.

"I, Tsukasa Tenma, order that you surrender to me!" He declared.

"N-now you see, good sir, if you are a mercenary, I promise I will reward you far more grandly than if you were to fight for me than the Tenmas!" The King Kamishiro smiled nervously in hopes of buying Tsukasa over.

The Kamishiro royal family consisted of only three memebers: the King Kamishiro, the Queen, and the Crown Prince, Rui Kamishiro.

"I am no mercenary. Now, come with me before I use force."

"Father, we have no choice! We have to go with him! The castle cannot go down!"

"Shut up!" King Kamishiro yelled at his son.

He pondered over his choices - surrendering, and likely being executed later, or being killed on the spot.

Although being executed later would allow for him to bid his time, his ego wanted to preserve whatever was left of his dignity. He attempted to attack Tsukasa. Tsukasa did not expect that, but as soon as he lifted up his blade to parry the king's attack, the king... lost consciousness and fell unceremoniously onto the ground.

Strange... Tsukasa thought. But he just ignored the slightly weird stuff going on and captured the royal family as per his father's orders.

—-———————————————————————————————————————————

"Bring the royal family to the dungeons. Bring all but the crown prince. Interrogate the prince. Use whatever methods you have to. Make him give up the secrets of his kingdom."

"Yes, Father."

—-———————————————————————————————————————————

"Rui Kamishiro, I, Tsukasa Tenma, as a loyal prince of my kingdom, demand that you give up the secrets of your land!" Tsukasa pointed his sword at Rui's throat.