✦ Pearls: 0 - 12

“Huh

Huh.. seems like we are approaching the end...”

“I can't wait to meet you all, especially you, Marella.. my other half..”

.

.

.

Savanaclaw Dorm - Leona's Room
· · ─────── ·✦· ─────── · ·

The next day, Leona and Ruggie made Yuu and Grim clean his room, despite Grim's annoyance. Ruggie instructed them what to do. Grim muttered something about Leona in irritation, then immediately shut up when Leona responded.

“Okay, I'll start cleanin' the pile of stuff offa this desk... Whoa!” Grim squeaked out, pointing his finger at Leona's table.

“He left some expensive-lookin' jewelry just lyin' around. And there's his wallet!”
“W-with this much stuff around, surely he wouldn't notice one little thing goin' missing, right?” the gremlin rubbed his hands together and grinned as he whispered to himself.

“That's what he gets for not puttin' this stuff under lock and key. Nyeh heh heh...” “Don't even try it. That one's mine to nab—uh, I mean, he'd know immediately if something was unaccounted for.” Ruggie immediately called out Grim.

“Grim.. stop. I don't want to add ‘Thief’ into my resume.” Yuu deadpanned at the cat who grumbled in frustration, because he got caught.

“I keep telling you to stop leaving your valuables out in the open, Leona.”
“You're gonna get robbed blind one of these days!” Ruggie yelled at Leona who was laying on his bed, giving zero shits.

“Ah, shut your trap. What are you, my mom?” the Lion grumbled.
“So what if my stuff gets stolen, anyway? It's no big deal.”

“I say if someone's got the guts to steal from me, they can go right ahead.” He smirked, much to Ruggie's annoyance.

“But it IS a big deal! That's my point!”
“It's all fun and games being rich until the day you suddenly feel the penny drop.” the hyena man put his hands on his hips as he rambled.

“They're called "valuables" for a reason.”
“This is what drives me nuts about you silver-spoon types...”

“.....” Yuu was in super deep thought. The gears in his brain were constantly clicking and turning, and after listening to Ruggie something finally clicked. “AHA!”

“THAT'S IT!” He suddenly shouted, scaring the shit out of Grim and Ruggie and made Leona give him a weirded out stare.

“Whoa! What's gotten into you, Yuu?” Grim yelled, his fur standing on its ends. “Oi. Bring the volume down a notch. My ears fucking hurt because of your shouting.” Leona scolded.

“They're in the vault because they're NOT unbreakable! He doesn't want the contract scrolls to be taken!” Yuu exclaimed, almost shouting with wide eyes.

“Huh?” Ruggie mumbled with confusion, Leona couldn't help but smirk. “Hah... Ha ha ha! Of course! I get it now.”
“That's an intriguing line of thinking.” He complimented the magicless boy.

“Huh? What'd I miss?” the cat gremlin scratched his head, standing on Leona's table. “Here, I'll explain...”

Leona explained everything about how Azul's whole thing was a lie to throw them off, because the contracts weren't invincible. The leech twins were the problem now. Just as Leona felt Yuu's stare, he crossed his arms.

“Hey. I've got a good idea of where you're going with this, so I'll get this outta the way now...”
“I'm not helping. No way, no how.”

“Great...” Yuu muttered, sighing and slumping downwards. “The last thing I need is to get dragged into someone else's mess.” Leona stared at the magicless boy.

“Especially when that cephalo-punk is involved.” “Same goes for me. Don't even ask.” Ruggie grinned, putting his arms in the air.

“Hmph. You guys're real fairweather friends, y'know that?” Grim muttered, irritated by the two beastmen. Yuu, on the other hand smiled as he leaned down and whispered to Grim. “Grim... Get ready. It's go time. We are about to make some music here...”

· · ─────── ·♪· ─────── · ·

“Good morning Leona..” Yuu grinned as he greeted Leona next morning. The lion had eye bags and looked pissed. “Huh...? What, you're up already?”
“You sure are bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Meanwhile, because of you, I'm sleep-deprived...”

Yuu cheekily grinned at his statement. Last night, he and grim had borrowed some speakers from a random Diasomnia student who had 3 eyes for some reason they found while he was sketching and blasted music in the Savanaclaw dorm the whole night. [ Guess who ]

Courtyard
· · ─────── ·✦· ─────── · ·

“WHAAAAAT?!” a collective scream echoed through the entirety of the courtyard, scaring the shit out of the students in the area. “What the actual fuck was that..?” a red hair with black streaks in his hair muttered, another screaming inside his conscience. “I think I might have just lost 10 years off my life Allison..” “Shut up your fine.”

“Dude, are you serious?! This is crazy bold!” Ace shaked his head, eyes wide as he gawked at the magicless student. “Wow, Yuu. I always knew you were gutsy, but this is a fresh reminder.” Deuce put a hand on his hip and awkwardly smiled.

“Will this really go the way you hope, though?” Jack shook his head in uneasiness. “We've exhausted our leads and we have one day to go. Yuu's idea is all we've got.” Deuce sighed, remembering the horrors of the twins and Freme.
“Not even a whole day, either. We've only got until sunset.”

“All right. Fine. Stressin' over what-ifs won't get us anywhere.” the taller boy sighed, his ears drooping slightly. “Thats the spirit Jack~!” The shorter black haired male cooed.

“Time to get ourselves a photo from the Atlantica Memorial Museum!” Grim cheered, and off they went.

“.... Big brother....”

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⟡ Sorry ive been dead for so long heh..

⟡ by the way, thank you so much for 100 followers im actually flabbergasted

⟡ oh and about my statement from my Bewitching . TWST book, everything is fine now but uplaods might get slower.

⟡ There are 2 MCs from other books mentioned here, one from mine and one from someone else. Guess who?