Chapter 1

A NEW ANGEL

All my life I felt like I'm a bird in a cage. 

My parents aren't strict but they make sure everything, the surrounding , the people around me and every decisions needs to attend a hearing in order to be approved. I hate it dahil wala akong kalayaan sa mga gusto kung gawin, they always interefere but I always put into mind that they are my parents. They just want what is the best for me pero parang minsan its the best for them ang nangyayari, hindi ko na ito ikanatutuwa pa. 

But now, I am turning 30 this year. but the decision for me to get married ay nasa kamay pa din nila pala. Being a doctor was my choice even though the truth ay sumunod lng ako dahil nag iisa lng naman ako. I am the heiress of our businesses kaya kahit this is not my best choice I still embrace it wholeheartedly. I am old enough to decide for myself, di ako makaangal dahil ayaw kung masaktan si mommy. Pero minsan paano naman ako? Ain't a thing, I have feelings too.

"Daddy? are you out of your mind? A priest? you will let me marry a priest?" I utter I'm in rage, my life's being presided again by my parents. My dad smirk and did not answer me instead walk towards the man beside me. They greeted each other like longing bestfriends, nagtaka ako. Planado na ba talaga to? Binenta ba ako?  

"Tito, its so nice to see you again, after years. You may have some gray hair but you're still the Peter I know." natawa naman si daddy, I left dumbfounded. Napagkakaisahan na naman ba ako? I suddenly felt that I want to cry, ano ba tung buhay kung to. 

"Mommy do you have an idea about this?" she just look at me without emotions. I know she has, no pity in her eyes. 

"Great, I felt like lucifer here" naiboses ko yun kaya napatingin si dad at Tim sa akin. "Can somebody explain me, why are you declaring that I am going to marry? with whom? this man? Daddy naman! Pari yan" gusto kung umiyak sa di malamang rason. Ganun ba sila ka pursuant na magka asawa ako? Wala naman silang mga sakit para ihabilin ako sa kung kanino man dahil di na ako bata. 

"Did my dad withdrawed you from seminary, that's why you're here?" hindi man lng siya kumibo. "Timothy, I'm asking you!" sigaw ko out of frustration. 

No one dared to answer me. 

Great just great, ano bang nasa isip nila na may nabilog na naman silang tao. Did they just ruined someone's future again? 

Ang ipinagkakataka ko is why is he here? He's supposed to be a priest. Hindi bilang Timothy na nakipagkamayan sa tatay ko. It is visible in his eyes how happy he was when they shake hands, that's weird. Did he just agreed? 

"Doctora! your patient is having a cardiac arrest!" nagmamadali pag imporma ng nurse, hindi na ako nagpa atubiling lumabas ng conference room at tinakbo ang  kwarto niya. When I arrive nurses are surrounding her, when they notice me tumabi sila at hinayaan akong asikasuhin siya. She's convulsing again, I tried to inject her the usual medicine she take. 

'I'm sorry Feliz, I know you're tired now and I am also granting your wish not to revive you incase this happen again'. I look at her, she's in pain again. She's my bestfriend but seeing her in pain make me questioned myself. I'm a hell of a doctor but I cannot save my friend at this situation. I tried to push some medicine into her body but this past few month napapadalas ang pagsumpong sa kanya ng sakit niya. Di ako nawawalan ng kumpyansa dahil alam kung kaya niya to. But until when? 

"Feliz, please fight again! wag kang bibitaw pupunta pa tayong Greece!" I'm being impatient now while monitoring her, but still her vitals are keep going low. Kinakabahan na ako dahil hindi siya pwedeng mawala, wag ngayon. 

"Feliz?" a manly voice uttered my friend's name and I already recognize who is he. Ang ipinagkanulo lng naman ng tatay ko na 'pari kuno' He look at her, alam kung gulat siya sa nadatnan. She know him, he also, we're friends but I guess time did not let us to be together after we parted ways to pursue what they wanted.

I keep on cussing but she stop breathing at umalingawngaw ang monitor. I tried to hold the apparatus about to revive her but I remember that she signed the waiver. 'DNR' 

My tears started to flow, "Feliz, you know I love you. It's hard to let you go but I needed to I don't want to see you in that bed fighting but will still end up. Rest my angel" I kissed her forehead before I turn off the monitor na nagsasabi na wala na ang kaibigan ko. 

Its hard to declare this but, I should.

"Time of death 12:32 PM" 

Kinakapa ko ang nararamdaman ko, masakit mawalan ng kaibigan, masakit malaman na pinagkaisahan na naman ako, natutuliro na ako dahil sa mga nangyayari sa buhay ko. I am lost in words again my friend and my freedom are now gone. 

Naramdaman kung lumapit siya sa tabi ko, he looked at our friend. Yes he knows Feliz. 

"I am not in the position to bless her soul but may her soul rest in peace." he said then tap me in the shoulder before going out of the room. I look at Feliz for the last time before I stormed out of the room and follow him. 

Pero di ko siya naabutan. Nagugulahan man ako sa sitwasyon ko I need to set aside all the questions inside my head. I just lost my friend. A new angel to my life.