That won't turn into love, right?

"I'm guessing you're Judy?"

Alexis asked the girl standing in front if her. She doubted that she wasn't. Most of the elves ignored her until she spoke to them. But, this elf didn't. So, this must be Judy, right?

"Then you're guessing correctly. Follow me."

She smiled and walked off, not nearly as fast as Bernard tends to walk. Alexis had an easy time keeping up with Judy as she walked to Alexis' room.

"Ow!"

Alexis exclaimed, hitting her head on the doorway. It didn't open for a human-sized person, so she had to duck to get into her room. Her hand was clasped around the charm of her necklace.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's been a while since we've had a human-sized resident. The carpenter elves will fix that within the week."

Judy apologized, disappearing into a room and coming back with a pair of pajamas. They were emerald green and had 'AC' embroidered on the pocket.

"Alexis Clause."

Judy explains, seeing Alexis' confused expression. Alexis reached out and took the pajamas, deciding that she'd rather the emerald pajamas instead of her wet clothes.

"I'll be right back. The kitchen is always open, so you want some Hot Chocolate?"

Judy asked, making her way to the door. Alexis looked around the room for a brief moment before looking down to the pajamas in her hands.

"Yes, please. Thank you."

Alexis smiled at Judy and turned to find a bathroom. With some exploration, Alexis found the bathroom. And she found a whole lot of other things, too.

There was a fire place, in which Alexis started a fire because she thought it was freezing. A walk in closet full of clothes, none of which would fit her. A couple other empty rooms, probably for offices and craft rooms. And then there was the bathroom.

The bathroom included a vanity, one with lights and plenty of room for makeup. There was plenty of mirrors — one above the sink, a couple floor to ceiling ones, and one in the closet that was connected to the bathroom. There was both a tub and a shower.

Alexis took a shower, knowing that it would help her relax. She then changed into the pajamas Judy had provided her, which fit fine. It was probably standard sizing, and that didn't work well for Alexis — a curvy queen.

"Alexis?"

Judy asked, returning with a tray. On it sat a mug, porcelain instead of the usual silver. Alexis could taste the metal in her drinks if they were served in a metal cup. It was in her profile. Everyone had a profile.

"Yes, I'm right here. Thank you, Judy."

Alexis said, walking from the room full of books to Judy. She set a book that was in her hand on the bed. She then took the cup and walked out onto the balcony, taking a seat — Judy sitting down next to her.

"I think Bernard likes you."

Judy says, looking over the North Pole. It was a beautiful place, one obviously filled with magic and hope. Hope. The one thing that Alexis has lacked all these years.

"What?"

Alexis looked over at Judy, her eyebrows furrowing. This was a strange thing to hear on the first evening of her life at the North Pole. She had a feeling that she wouldn't stay away from this place too long.

"Bernard, I think he likes you."

Judy repeated, thinking Alexis didn't hear her the first time. Oh Alexis heard her. Loud and clear. But, it confused her. Why would the head elf like her? That made no sense in her logical mind. But her heart — it secretly hoped that it was true.

"What makes you say that?"

She asked, not being able to hide the blush that covered her face — tinting her cheeks and nose pink. She was glad that it was only Judy here, she didn't think she could handle anyone else seeing this.

"Well, for one, he's not nearly as bossy with you."

Judy explains, humming a soft melody when she wasn't talking. It was the same melody that Alexis had been humming before Judy spoke when she came in. It was an old lullaby that her mother had sang to her before she died and left Alexis alone.

"So? That could be because I'm adjusting to this new life."

Alexis retorted, not accepting that Bernard could possibly like her. There's no way in hell and the stars above that he could like her this fast... right? Right?

"It's not just that, Alexis."

Judy said with a heavy breath, knowing that she was going to be as hard to get through to as Bernard. Not in her years of being an elf has Judy seen Bernard as good natured and patient as he is when Alexis was around.

"Oh yeah? What else makes you think that he likes me?"

Alexis asked suspiciously. She doubts that Judy has anything else to say, proving that Bernard likes her. Alexis just didn't see it happening. However, much to her dismay, Judy did ave some other evidence.

"The nickname he gave you."

The girl replied, standing up and walking into the room for a moment. She came back a few moments later, and sat back down. She had a cookie, of which she handed to Alexis with a smile.

"Nickname?"

Alexis asks, tilting her head. She takes the cookie and bites into it, smiling as the flavor hits her tongue. She frowns a bit after, but she doesn't say anything. She made a mental note to give the bakers of the North Pole her cookie recipe.

"Yeah, the nickname."

Judy says, as if this should be common knowledge. It was not, indeed, common knowledge. Alexis apparently hadn't realized that Bernard had given her a nickname.

"He gave me a nickname?"

Alexis says, not knowing what the nickname could be. She hadn't realized what Bernard had called her, despite having heard her name in passing. Her father had said her name at some point.

"Yeah, Snow Princess. It's a flower, his favorite."

Judy says, her patience shining as she explains this to Alexis. She understood that in the chaos of the past hours, it's easy to miss something that some may view as menial. But to anyone who has met Bernard and gotten to know him, it means a lot.

"He gave me a nickname after his favorite flower?"

Alexis continues to ask Judy questions, slowly coming to an understanding. She was confused, but she understands things without having it dumbed down for her.

"Yes."

The small elf confirms, nodding her head. Alexis finally understands. That was her goal with this conversation. And, well, she made it to that goal.

"You said he likes me, how often does that happen?"

Alexis asks the last question of the night. It won't be the last question she ever asks Judy, not by a long shot. But, if she understands enough for the night, then that was a win.

"Not very often, actually. He's a very impatient and bossy person, so for him to be so patient and nice to you means that he has to like you."

Judy describes, looking at the sky thoughtfully. She had something on her mind, that much was obvious. Judy just didn't want to say it aloud as to not scare Alexis.

"Oh my. Well, okay. Thanks for the information, Judy. Good night and sleep well."

Alexis says after a moment of silence. She gives Judy a soft smile, meaning what she says. She was thankful for the information, even if it confuses her.

"Good night. The same for you, Alexis."

Judy smiles and takes the empty mug, the one that had once held the Hot Chocolate that Alexis had drank. Judy exited the room, leaving Alexis to go to bed.