XVIII

Michelle placed the pancakes on the plate and cut several pieces of banana and strawberry, placing it next on the plate. She set it on her kitchen island next on top of the mat and silverware she had already arranged. She also placed her coffee there as well and turned to clean up while Max sat on the other side of the kitchen island, reading over her schedule for the week. She threw everything into the sink and ran water to soak it and then glanced in the direction of the guest bathroom.

The door was still closed with the light peaking through the crack at the bottom. The water had stopped running about five minutes ago so she expected Anntonia to come out at any moment now. She smiled when she saw the woman's heels sitting right outside the door that Max had retrieve for her from the side of the pool moments ago where she had left them when she trailed inside after her.

She had changed into an oversized band shirt that topped her messy cut shorts, hair still wet from showering. She hasn't had anything since she woke up, not even an instant protein shake so she had been hungry when she finished showering and decided she would make herself and Anntonia something to eat. She hoped the woman liked pancakes for her snacks since it's already late afternoon, it's still a breakfast for her. She looked at the bathroom door again and thought that she was taking much longer than she had expected so she didn't get a chance to ask what she would like to have.

But, everyone likes pancakes, right? At least she thought so.

"So are we still canceling the ad shoot with Emerald?" Max asked and she shook her head as she took a sip of her coffee, then retrieved the maple syrup from the cabinet and placed with the pancakes.

"No, let Glaiza know everything will go as planned and that I apologize for the inconvenience. Also, send an apology email to Charlotte."

Before Max could say anything. She heard the click of the lock and looked in the direction of the bathroom just as the door slowly opened.

"Max," she whispered as her manager's attention was also drawn there. "Please leave."

"Huh?"

"I said, leave. I will meet you on set later as scheduled." She ordered, her eyes stuck to the other woman as she approached the kitchen.

Max sighed, and after a moment, she heard the stool slide across the marble floor and footsteps as the other woman walked out and Anntonia walked in. She saw them nod at each other until Anntonia stood there watching her as she only stared at her, trying not to drop her jaw on the floor. She heard her front door open and close and the only woman that's left chose her seat across from where she was standing at the island, exactly where she had placed her plate.

"I assume this is still breakfast for you." The woman stated with a smile.

Max sent her clothes in the laundry after their dip in the pool. She offered her new clothes, fresh from her brand sponsors but Anntonia had chosen one of her sleep shirts to wear so that she be comfortable. It was a loose goose-grey shirt paired with a gray cotton jogger. Her hair was wet though she had told her about the hair dryer in the bathroom and sat over her shoulder. She had washed the make-up off her face, the sunlight and her skin glowed anew. She had padded over to her with bare feet, in her house as if it was the most natural thing. Now she perched herself on the high stool, her feet dangling several inches from the floor.

"Yes," she replied, surprised she could still found her voice. "I woke up late and went for a swim before you came so I didn't get a chance to have something. I didn't know if you liked pancakes for snacks."

"Thanks," Anntonia hummed. "I love pancakes anytime of the day."

She watched her speared a piece of banana on her fork and put them in her mouth and chewed thoughtfully as she looked around. "Nice place," she complimented.