Mizzen - Please say this isn't goodbye

𓇼𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𓇼

ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴍᴇᴛ - ʟᴏʀᴅ ʜᴜʀᴏɴ
ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ - ᴄʜʀɪꜱᴛɪɴᴀ ᴘᴇʀʀɪ
ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ - ꜱʏᴍʟ

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

Hi, i'm Y/N odair. That's right, odair. You might be wondering what relation do I have to Finnick. Well I'm his aunt. But this is a story for another time. The story that I'm about to tell you is about how I lost the love of my life to the cruel game that people call the hunger games.

----------------------𓇼 ⋆。˚ 𓆝⋆。˚ 𓇼----------------------

It was just another hard day working at the marina for me. Ever since I was 10 I started helping my dad at his marina, but I dreaded going there everyday. I just don't like working there.

You may ask yourself why I still go and why I just don't say to my dad that I want to work some place else. Well, the reason for that is my bestfriend Mizzen.

Him and I have been friends since we were 7. We met in school when he bumped into me because he was being his clumsy self. Not that I'm complaining tho. I really couldn't imagine a world without him anymore.

This made it very hard for me to hear when he said he found a job at some stupid fish store when we were 10. I mean I knew it was going to happen, since everyone needed to start working when they were 10, but still it was hard. I knew I was going to be seeing less of him and that we couldn't hang out anytime we wanted.

I wasn't able to talk to him for quite a while because we were so busy. During this time I really missed him and as cruel as it sounds, I kind of hoped he would quit or get fired. This way I could maybe find a way he would be able to work at the marina with me.

So a year later when he got fired, I immediatly went to my dad begging if he could work at the marina. This way I would spend even more time with him again. Luckily for me, my dad said yes and I was so happy that I jumped around on the spot.

"Why don't you go tell him sweetheart", my dad said to me.

"Okay okay I will", I said happily. To be honest I didn't expect my dad to agree so quickly but anyhow. Now my bestfriend will be able to work alongside me.

One the words left me mouth, I immediatly started running towards the place I knew Mizzen was going to be, his home. After running a good 5-10 minutes I finally arrived at my destination.

When I was walking to the door there were a couple thoughts running through my head. 'Will he even be home?', 'Will he accept the job?', 'Does he even want to work with me?'

Once I arrived at the door I decided to push these ideas out of my mind before bringing me hand up to knock on the door.

When I knocked I heard a voice call out. "Be there in a minute"

I stood there for maybe a good minute when the door was opened by a middle aged woman. I knew who it was, it was Aruna, Mizzen's mother. I've met her a couple times and she is a complete sweetheart. She was looking at me waiting to hear why I was hear.

"Hey Aruna, I'm looking for Mizzen", I told her. During our first meet she told me I could just call her Aruna because she thought miss made her sound so old. Her words, not mine.

"Hey sweetie, he's in his room", she replied. "You know where that is right?"

"Yes"

She opened the door for me so I could step in the house. I started to make my way up the stairs to Mizzens room while Aruna went back to the kitchen. I suppose she was making something to eat for Mako, Mizzen's little sister. She is an absolute cutie. She was currently sitting on a carpet playing with a couple toys when she saw me. She dropped the toys she had in her hands and ran towards me. When she got to me, I scooped her up in a hug.