Christmas cookies

Christmas in the pan household is Peter's favorite time of year)

Song fiction using the song Christmas cookies ad made famous by George strait, but Lainey Wilson does a beautiful job as well.

Peter's pov

I smile as I walk into the house and the sound of laughter reaches my ears and the smell of freshly baked cookies hits my nose. I unwrap my scarf and hang it on the hook before taking off my jacket and placing it next to the scarf on the coat rack by the front door. A squeal of laughter and verses of Christmas carols reach my ears. I smile untying my boots and kicking them off. I wiggle my sock covered toes on the wood flooring of the entryway.

I slide into the kitchen noticing a plate of Christmas shaped cookies on a plate, already cooling. Wendy is standing behind our oldest a perfect five year old named Jane, helping her mix some batter, while our youngest an equally perfect three year old Danny is icing a small plate of cookies at the table. Wendy is humming along to the Christmas song playing through the Bluetooth speaker. I grin pressing a kiss to both the kids heads. The song that was playing changes into a country Christmas song, and I smile at the familiar melody. I slide across the floor to Wendy, who giggles at my childish behavior.

"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar." I mouth the words before I kiss my wife in greeting. "I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe." I sing along to Wendy as she takes the cookie dough Jane and her were making and begins to roll it out. She giggles as I wrap my arms around her waist as she grabs the cookie cutters." The ones that look like Santa Claus
Christmas trees and bells and stars" I sing against her shoulder and Wendy hums along smiling at me.
"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe" She turns in my arms and kisses me gently before she pushes me away so she can finish cutting them out.

I back away scooping Jane up from the small step stool she's standing on and begin dancing around with her in my arms. "Now Christmas cookies are a special treat
The more she bakes, the more I eat
And sometimes I can't get myself to stop." Jane giggles as I sway with her in my arms and sing along with the song. I spin suddenly making her squeal as we face Wendy, who is still cutting cookies out."
Sometimes she'll wait 'til I'm asleep
And she'll take the ones that I didn't eat And put those little sprinkly things on top." Wendy giggles and I start to do a silly two step around the kitchen.

"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe." I sing as I stop next to Wendy and present my cheek to her. She giggles leaning up and kissing my cheek, before peppering kisses across Jane's face. I spin away and Jane smiles up at me. I grin kissing her head as I keep dancing round with her.
"The ones that look like Santa Claus
Christmas trees and bells and stars
I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe." I place Jane back down and scoop up Danny holding him upside down. Both the kids laugh and Wendy gasps before giggling herself as I dance around with him.

Wendy puts the cookies in the oven and smiles as she reaches for Danny. "Now those sprinkly things just make things worse
'Cause it makes 'em taste better than they did at first
And they're absolutely impossible to resist." I sing with a wink at my adorable flour covered wife. She smiles as she hums along dancing in place with Danny in her arms. I grin picking up Jane again as Wendy tickles Danny's side as she waltz around the kitchen. I laugh as I bounce Jane around with my over exaggerated two step.

"Some disappear to who knows where ,But I make sure that I get my share." I sing along louder now attempting the singers accent. The kids laugh and Wendy shakes her head with a smile as she hums, switching from a waltz to a two step elegantly. "And those kids just stand there waiting for the ones I miss" I place a kiss to Jane's head before I put her back down. I make my way over to Wendy and pull Danny free from her hold. I set him down back at his decorating station. Wendy watches me amused.

"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar
Sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe." I sing as I set Jane up next to Danny, so she can decorate some cookies as well.
"She gets mad that they're all gone
Before she gets the icing put on
Sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe" I sing along as I make my way back to my adorable wife. I grab her hands pulling her to me and locking her hands behind my back. I grin as I look down at her and use one hand to tilt her chin up into a gentle kiss.

"Now there's a benefit to all of this
That you might have overlooked or missed." She pulls back with a smile as I start to sing the next verse.
"So now let me tell you the best part of it all. Every time she sticks another batch in the oven
There's 15 minutes for some kissin' and a huggin." Wendy giggles as I spin her out and back into my arms.
"That's why I eat Christmas cookies all year long! Ah, take it away boys" She leans up and kisses me again, as we dance around the kitchen together. She rests her head on my shoulder and I smile as I hold her close to me.

"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, sugar I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe." I sing softer now as Wendy hums along to the silly song, that I sing to her every year."The ones that look like Santa Claus. Christmas trees and bells and stars. I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe" I wink as I spin her out once more and pull her back to me as she giggles.

"I sure do like those Christmas cookies, babe" I sing the big finish part and dip Wendy who laughs as I kiss her again. When we pull away I stand us upright and Wendy smiles at me. "I love you." I grin at her. "I love you." She smiles and the song changes to rocking around the Christmas tree. I bend down and pull Wendy over my shoulder who yelps and laughs, as she kicks her fuzzy sock covered feet. "Peter! What are you doing?" She questions laughter in her voice. "You can't rock around the Christmas tree in the kitchen Wendy." I call back as I carry her over my shoulder into the living room where our tree is.

...

..

This was so cute to write and I hope ya'll enjoyed it 💚🩵💚🩵
Let me know what you thought

As always thank you for reading and following along with my stories it means so much to me
💚🩵💚🩵