Part two: The new guy.

Inatimi Christmas.

I couldn't believe what my dad just said, I felt as if I was in a dream and all I wanted to do was scream but I couldn't.

The smile on my face can not described the joy I feel.
My smile started to fade away when I remembered what my dad said but I couldn't tell why.

"kim Tae-hyung is coming to Nigeria and his going to stay with us, i mean you while he's in Nigeria" I replayed this sentence in my head over and over again and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with the sentence.
It finally hits me.

"What do you me by Tae-hyung is staying with me?" I said freaking out.

"Calm down, it's just for three months " my dad said nonchalantly.

"What do you mean by calm down? Do I sound like I'm stressed? And see the way you are saying it "just three months" How is three months just? What does "three months" and "just" have in common?" I said still freaking out.

"And here I was thinking that you were going to be excited after hearing the news that Taehyung was coming to Nigeria"

"Of course I'm excited, but why is he coming to Nigeria"

"I don't know, he said that he wants to take a break from the life of fame and that Nigeria was the only place he could think of because his band (BTS) are not really famous in this part of the country and he said that he missed you"

"H..e mi..ss..ed me?" My heart felt strange when I heard from my father that Tae-tae missed me, maybe it was because I still had a crush on him or that it was coming from the mouth of my father.
I really thought that Taehyung forgot about me due to the fact that he's famous now.

"Yes, he said so himself and I really have to go now because I have a meeting in the next two minutes"

"Dad wait, you said Tae-tae and I are going to be living alone under the same roof"

"Silly, you are not going to be alone, the maids are there and besides your cousin are coming tomorrow" I coul feel him rolling his eyes.

I frowned when I heard the word cousins.
Like I said it was a love-hate relationship.
Well they're not that bad but I would say that their lives are a little... wayward.
Yep that that's the word.

Remember when I said that they keep me company, they only do that because they end up benefitting from me for example taking my shoes, my bags, my clothes and my money ( well it's not like I need them because I don't go out), like I said said I'm a very boring person and I need people to talk to, from time to time and that is the only reason why I tolerate them and the fact that they are my cousins.

"Dad are you coming home early tonight"
"No, infact I won't be coming home at all after the meeting I'll be leaving the country for a business trip and I'll be gone for the next four months" my dad said shocking me not really I'm used to it. It's unfair to think that he can leave the country whenever but I can't. Classic over protective dad.

"Okay Dad , when is Tae-tae coming to Nigeria?" I asked a little curious.

"The day after tomorrow, I have to go now, bye" my dad said hanging up the phone without waiting for my reply.

I smiled when I realized that my dad would not be coming back home tonight and for the next few months. There and then I knew that it was my opportunity to leave the house...

******
Outside ( lekki, Lagos Nigeria).
I smiled when I successfully left the house, I didn't know where I was going to but all I knew was that I was finally free; not for long though.
I walked and walked not caring where I was going to, the place was very quiet, well that's because it's an estate.
I walked for a little, then I saw two children playing outside their house, It was obvious that they were sibblings because they looked alike.
For a moment I wondered how my life would have been if I had siblings and that made me miss my mom.
I remember my dad telling me that he and my mom planned to have five children and I know that it would have been a reality if my mom hadn't died.
And for some reason my dad never remarried.

My mom didn't want me to be alone because both my parents didn't have siblings, well my dad has a brother but they there's no love between and I think it's the fact that they're half siblings.
My dad's brother died two years ago and he is the father of my cousins.

While watching the children, a sweet smell filled my nostrils and I didn't realize when walked to point where I was in front of a man.
Immediately I recognize the sweet smell, it was suya (grilled beef) and the man in front of me was an Hausa (a tribe in Nigeria) man.
I didn't know when I started stuffing beef into my mouth not caring that it was a little bit hot.

I first had suya, grilled beef when I was sixteen.

That was when a maid brought it to the house.
It was one of the happiest days of my life but my happiness was cut short when my dad caught me eating it and the maid that brought it was fired.
I felt really bad and I never got the chance to eat it again.
After I finished eating, I attempted to walk away but was stopped by the beef seller.
"Madam, wey my money?(where is my money?)" He asked me in pidgin (pidgin is a native language spoken in Nigeria that is coined from English language, it's like a bad/broken English ).

"Aboki(my friend) abeg(please) no vex(don't be angry) I no get money (I don't have any money on me)" I said using pidgin (I had learnt pidgin from the few friends i had back in secondary school, trust me it wasn't an easy ride and I was laughed at a lot but that didn't stop me, gradually I learnt the language and now i can proudly say that I'm a pro at it.

I could clearly see the deadly glare he was giving me and I noticed he restrained himself because I was a girl...
"Here keep the change" a voice said behind me. I turned around seeing a really handsome guy stretching a few Naira notes (Nigerian currency) to the beef seller.
The beef seller took the money. I kept staring at guy in front of me. He was really handsome to the point that I was speechless (not as handsome as Tae-tae but he was handsome).
"Thanks" I managed to say after I felt that my stare was getting too much. I attempted to walk away but what he said next made me halt.

"Where do you live? let me take you home"

Please tell me if you like my work. I accept constructive criticisms.
Thanks, saranghaeyo.