The search for hope

He was just trying to protect himself from the bullies and even saved a bird's egg, but the grownups didn't understand. He looked outside the bedroom window, holding the egg and keeping it warm. He saw his parents throwing out his broken wand that was snapped into two.

"That does it.." Alfie said. He left the egg near the radiator that was on and decided to run away from home for a bit, so that he could find a way to fix his wand. He went to the library and asked if the librarian knew how to fix a wand, but she didn't know much about magic, she just kept some spellbooks for those who are interested. The librarian was a sweet old lady, she suggested that the spellbooks might have some info that could help him.

So Alfie instantly dived into research, trying to find a way to fix his wand, though most of the spellbooks only taught wand magic and how to make potions, no info on how to repair wands whatsoever. Alfie went back to the book he borrowed, and found out this book can also teach magic without the use of wands! Alfie felt a little bit better, knowing that there's still some magic you can use without the need of a wand.

This spellbook helped him alot and meant alot to him, so he asked if he could buy it with his hard earned pocket money. The librarian said "Oh! No need to bring out your wallet, I'll let you have it for free" she said with a sweet smile. Alfie asked "You're really sure about this..?" as he was surprised about her kind offering. She nodded calmly and he thanked her for it lots. Alfie felt alot better after the visit to the library. He quickly ran outside so that he could learn some self magic, a type of magic you can do by using your body instead of a wand or other item.