Fatal

"Over here, Spencer!" Mary yelled as her daughter ran through the emergency room doors. Spencer rushed to her mother. "What is she doing here?" Mary whispered, looking behind her daughter. Spencer grabbed Aria's hand as the shorter woman came from behind. "Where is she?" Spencer asked, ignoring her mother's glare towards Aria. Mary looked back to Spencer. "I haven't heard anything about how she is. They said she was struck by a car walking home." "Why was she walking home; She left my place with Wren last night." Spencer said, glancing at Aria with confusion.

     "I figured they weren't talking because they had a fight at the house, but I tried to get a hold of Wren. Maybe they had another fight and she decided to walk home instead... still, that's too far to walk so late at night." Mary said. Suddenly, a doctor walked into the waiting room. "Family for Alexandra Drake?" He called. He caught sight of the three woman, staring confused at the woman who was a splitting image of his patient. He walked over. Spencer looked at the doctor's name tag as he approached. Aria held onto the tall brunette's arm and slightly hid herself behind Spencer. Mary instinctively stood in front of her daughter protectively. "Hi; I'm Doctor Kahn. Alexandra is out of surgery. My team and I are in charge of her care. We're looking at keeping her for at least 72 hours to monitor the injuries sustained in both the... accident and..." The doctor looked around at their surroundings.

   The three woman looked at him confused. Spencer found it interesting that he paused before saying "accident". "Come with me." Doctor Kahn said, gesturing towards the doors he previously came out of. They went into a family room; the kind doctors use to break hard news. Aria wondered if she should've waited outside, but Spencer grip on her hand suggested that tall brunette wanted her to stay. If Spencer's hands weren't both occupied holding Aria and her mother's hands, she would've used them to rip out her hair at the anticipation. Mary put her free hand over her mouth as Doctor Kahn listed her daughter's injuries. Her whole left arm was practically shattered, cracked and bruised ribs, bruised hip, twisted knee from being swept off her feet, and mild head injury from the car's windshield. Aria looked at Spencer concerned. The tall brunette managed to keep a straight face, but Aria felt like she could read Spencer's eyes. She could never read them before, but she saw so much pain in them now.

     "This is very overwhelming I'm sure; I'm sorry. But... there is something else very troubling." Doctor Kahn said. "During our initial assessment, we discovered a bullet wound that entered from the back right shoulder and struck a rib. If it had entered any higher, it would have passed the rib and struck her lung. I'd say she's very lucky." The doctor's pager went off. He smiled sympathetically before standing. "I believe that means Alexandra has woken up from surgery. I have to do another assessment before you can see her; feel free to stay here until then." He stated before stepping out. Once they were sure the doctor was out of earshot, "They're everywhere." Mary said, referring to the fact that it seemed they couldn't escape the Kahn family. "I didn't know he had a brother." Spencer said, still staring at the place the doctor sat. "I went to few of Eric Kahn's party with the girls in high school. I didn't think Eric was the medical school type." Aria commented. "Do you think he knows?" She added. "Probably not. Noel was cut off by his parents; he probably distanced himself from the whole family, especially the 'perfect older brother'". Spencer answered.

     "Code Blue room two-twelve, Drake. Code Blue in room two-twelve, patient Alexandra Drake." Spencer tightened her grip on Aria's hand as her eyes burned holes in the seat Doctor Kahn sat in it. Aria knew from the Grey's Anatomy marathon that Hanna forced her to watch when she was sick and the blonde didn't trust Meredith, her father's mistress he cheated on her mother with all those years ago, to take care of her, that a "Code Blue" meant cardiac arrest.

     They sat for over half an hour before the doctor came back. He explained that Alex had a panic attack upon wake up, probably due to the unfamiliar setting. Although, he noted, that the panic attack started as soon as he walked in the room and approached her. But she calmed down after he informed her that her family was waiting to see her. As they walked down the hallway to Alex's room, Aria caught sight of her colleague, Detective Marco Furey, stepping into her room. The three woman went into the room, Spencer practically shoving to get to her twin first. She dropped Aria's hand and immediately grabbed Alex's free hand, as the other was wrapped and in a sling. Detective Furey stood at the foot of the bed. "Miss Drake, My name is Detective Marco Furey; I'll be leading the investigation."

     "Investigation?" Mary started. "I thought it was an accident." "It wasn't an accident Mom it was Noel Kahn!" Alex exclaimed. "Alex-" "He did this to me! Noel chased me after I left your apartment; HE HIT ME!" The detective sighed. "Miss Drake that's not possible." He glanced at Aria before breaking the news. "Noel Kahn was involved in a fatal car accident on the other side of town from where you were hit.... He's deceased." The four women hung their mouths open in shock. Noe Kahn was dead? Marco caught Doctor Kahn walking by the room. "If you'll excuse me; I have to speak with your doctor. I have to inform him of his brother's passing. But I'll be back to ask you some questions. He stepped out of the room, Aria right behind him.

     "Marco?" She called. "I just wanted to let you know that we were going to go to Tanner tomorrow...about Noel." Marco looked at her suspiciously. "What happened?" He asked. Aria looked around. "I-I don't really want to say here." The detective nodded. "Well whatever he's done, he can't hurt you anymore... Now I have to tell his brother. We haven't been able to reach out to the family of the other driver. He had a rental car and a UK ID." Aria thought hard for a moment. "UK....who was the other driver?" She asked. "Wren Kingston." Aria tried not to show her shock, but the detective caught on. Before he could question her, Doctor Kahn approached them. Marco excused himself and took the doctor into a nearby room. Aria dragged herself back into the hospital room where Spencer and Mary comforted Alex. The injured woman was relieved that their biggest problem was gone, but this wasn't the end.

     Aria didn't want to intrude as she walked cautiously towards them. "Spence?" Spencer faced her. She sensed the short woman's worry. "Can I talk to you outside?" Spencer glanced at her sister before getting up. The two left the room. Aria pulled them away from the door. "What's going on?" Spencer asked as she smoothed out her jacket sleeve. "I found out the other driver that died in the accident with Noel." Aria said. "What- who?" "It was Wren."