02

- SWEET TALK -
chapter 2 - gifts

 ˖° ⁀➷ ˖* ೃ࿔

11 YEARS LATER ...

Emma jolted awake from her slumber as the sound of her alarm rang off, the repetitive beeping getting faster and faster by the minute. With a slight groan and a stretch, the girl sat up off her bed and tried her very best to open her eyes while staring at the shining sun outside her window.

Only then did she realize that it wasn't an ordinary day. It was her birthday. Her very own 'sweet sixteen.'

Her thoughts finally woke her up, Emma stretched one last time before finally standing up, reaching over the the bedside table to grab her phone. She noticed a few messages from her friends, but no matter how many notifications were flashed on her lockscreen, there was one she was looking for.

12:01 am

isaac 
happy birthday weirdo.

ems
thanks :)

She smiled as she stared at the message, seeing that he waited for midnight to come just to greet his best friend a happy birthday. As she walked to the bathroom, she felt the cold floor against her bare feet. She leaned against the sink, still trying to shake off the sleep. 

Emma slowly turned the tap on, the cold water running on her hands. She washed her face, eager to fully wake herself up, and letting out a sigh after drying off. She also brushed her teeth to get rid of the morning breath, the girl rinsed her mouth and looked at the mirror, seeing her reflection before heading downstairs.

She ran downstairs, and smiled as the smell of waffles filled her nose. Her mom turns around and walks over to her, giving her the biggest hug that embraced her with so much love and comfort,

"Happy birthday, sweet girl." She smiles, giving her daughter a kiss on the temple. She embraces her mom and nuzzles into her, giving her a tight squeeze before pulling away. She sits down on the table and a plate of waffles gets placed right in front of her.

She lets out a sigh of satisfaction, letting the sweet aroma of butter and maple syrup in. 

"We'll go to the Walters today for your birthday, so you'll have to get ready right after you eat, okay?" 

"Mhm." Emma says whilst shoving a huge bite of the waffle in her mouth. 

As soon as she takes the last bites, she gets up and places her dishes in the sink, helping her mom clean each plate. "Be down by 6:30." Her mother says,

She goes back up to her room, the girl takes a moment to sit down on her bed and gets disturbed by the ringing of her phone, the name 'isaac' displaying on her screen. She smiles to herself, and sticks her hand out to grab her phone.

"Hey! happy birthday Ems!" the boy says on the other line.

"Hi! Thank you so much dude."