The day music died.

1952
Honestly, we had nothing to do after the war. Many men left the army and continued living life differently. While some other people like me felt emasculated. I missed the rush and the unexpectedness of the life. Even though it came with a lot of disadvantages like risk of life. Edward never liked this life. He loved to cook and he barely could do it. He did make amazing pies. Carol used to take recipes from him. He has been considering quitting the army too but I convinced him to stay. After the war suddenly gender roles started to become very distinct. Back in the war, it didn't matter everyone served their country. But now Carol also felt the lack of thrill. She is now confined as a housewife compared to what she used to do. She once said she killed a German and the gun was hidden in her gown. I am pretty sure she was a spy but she tip-toed around the topic. I mean she couldn't say it and didn't even force her. I mean who would kill a German in a gown? Except Edward though. One day Connel called me. Allegedly 5 deaths occurred at Harvard University. That included 2 professors and 3 students. They were suicides or were they?

Anyways Edward and I had to investigate. Edward declared this would be his last work before he quits. "I am gonna open a pie shop, or a flower shop, whatever I am not going back to this shit place" He said in anger. "Perhaps tell Miss Edward that she can't let her hatred for America aside by taking control of flamboyant style and focus on the investigation." said Connel "Rember this type of behaviour might be fun in the war but she...uhm...he cannot let the demos and perversion of homosexuality engulf he." Connel continued and warned me personally. Connel never liked Edward due to his feminine nature. He did his best to turn Edward more manly but nothing worked.

We went to Harward University. Filled with young students we envy the life we could have had if it weren't for the war. We went to the Headmaster's office for some talk apparently for 5 years one person had died and all the five were close friends. The Principal wants it to be investigated before more deaths occur. "Mr Robbinson I would like my students to be safe. I mean I wouldn't like people Harward School is putting too much pressure on the students. It's a bad look for us" I was read Ready to investigate. "Are there any other friends who are alive?" I asked "Not that I can think of...This professor was close friends to the other two who died." I was thrilled to know there was a lead. "can we talk to him perhaps?" he asked kindly. He hesitated and said "You may but he is fired....for his sexual perversion" 
Well, that's a minus our first lead is a sex offender. But we have to talk no matter what. " can we know the address" I asked politely.  "sure...just be careful of him.....wont let him persuade you into perversion" he saw me with the same fury and rage as the bartender I met two years ago when that man died from the third floor—also my father.
We went to the house and it was quite far away near a lake. We knocked on the door to find a depressed old man with I shaved face and smell. "hello sir we have some questions." I asked "Oh about what?" he asked in a low and exhausted energy. "About the deaths occurring in the Harward," Edward asked. He suddenly shows a little dominance but still in a feminine way. He just wanted this trouble to end. "Oh, those.....come on in". I hesitated to enter. he noticed and said "It's ok I won't bite. I just kissed a man" he said with sadness. We were shocked. We did know about homosexuals but never seen one. At least completely open. He entered feeling safe. I asked him "Sir why are you on a sex offender list?". "I am not" he answered "So the pervert thing?" I asked again "That's what they call us. Us homosexuals" he got a little agitated. "it's ok sir but you need to calm down. We just want to know about the death". I can't belive highly educated men like the Headmaster could have opinions like that but I had to ignore it.

"I believe you were their close friend," I asked him questions . "they were my family, my everything. Do you know what it's like to get abandoned by your own family and then find a new family only for them to die one by one?" He asked me one of the most hard-hitting questions. His tears were streaming down his cheeks while he asked me with conviction.  "Do you know what it's like to be a faggot?" He asked again. I was left speechless but Edward had moved something in him. "We all are gonna die one by one.....there will be no one for us" He saw Edward as if he knew something about Edward I didn't know. "This will be the day when the music dies,"  He said. He ran to the kitchen. We followed him to check. He took a knife while still crying. He sliced his neck along and as he was bleeding and choking on his blood. I was left there speechless. I saw another homosexual man die in front of me. Then it clicked me there might be a connection to the death I saw two years ago and this is what happened right in front of me.