2❄️Tricks

Superman|Eminem&Dine Rae
"'Cause I know you want me baby, I think I want you to
I think I love you baby, I think I love you too(Oh-ooh)

That new girl Claire Delvaúx, she's something alright.

When Mr. Granger asked me to give her my book, and I was quite glad.

That was two days ago.

It's now Wednesday, which means it's early release. Even though we live on campus and still have to stay classes end earlier.

This means practice is longer today as well...

Hooray!

The final bell rings, and everyone stands up. "Mr. Murdock, may I speak with you?" Ms. Reid says, "I sigh heavily and turn around.

"Yeah?"

"Sage, I'm concerned about you, l know last year was rough, but I really need you to step it up this year."

I look away, I know I fucked up last year. "I know, Ms. Reid. But I know I gotta try this year so I can play."

She nods. "You're free to go." I thank her, and walk out.

I make my way through the halls, I reach my locker and open it. Putting my textbooks inside, I'll grab them after practice.

I feel someone wrap their arm around my shoulder. "Hey Sage, what's up, my man!" I grin at Aarons enthusiasm.

I've known Aaron since middle school. We're not "best friends" but we've pretty close.

"Ready for practice?" He asks, I grin, nodding in approval.

As we walk to the rink together, Aaron begins to talk about this year's players. "Coach scouted some newbies from some nearby middle schools, and we got a transfer from Whitlock Academy."

"But you're still out captian, of course. Coach is telling us who the co-captian is today. Hope it's me." Aaron says, holding his hands together as if he was praying.

"I'm sure you will," I tell him, patting his shoulder.

We reach the ice rink that's in building 6. We walk inside and head straight to the locker room to change.

Aaron and I part way since my locker is in the back. I greet some of my friends and start to change when reaching my locker.

"Ok boys, hurry up with changing. I'm announcing our co-captain later, and practice won't be as long today." Coach Sanchez says as he walks into the locker room.

"Why's practice shorter Coach? It's a Wednesday." Patrick asks, "one of the new figure skaters needs the ice. She's new and wants to practice more."

"But the figure skaters get the rink on fridays and the weekends!" Aaron shouts. You would think about how rich this school is. There would be two rinks.

Wrong.

I finish lacing my skates and grab my stick. Aaron and Patrick walk beside me as we leave the locker room.