•2 NEW

"Are we having the interview in the daycare of something?" You joked. "No, sorry there actually is no interview they just want to sound formal but they're really desperate."
➖➖➖➖➖➖
"So they just hire anybody?" "Pretty much." Thats just wonderful. your mind drifts to the events of yesterday and how they might just hire that guy if he wasn't in jail... eww.
.
.
.
"So thats all you'll need to know about the daycare!" Shit, my stupid mind just had to distract me as soon as something important happens. Of course I cant just ask her to repeat the last 5 sentences so I being an idiot say, "Okay thank you so much!" And she starts to walk away. Damn okay. You look around and don't see any entrances other than that slide you had your cousin go down. With no other signs, you walk to the slide and push yourself down the entrance. You're finally at the end of the slide after what felt like hitting your head every 2.7936 seconds. You land in a... ballpit? And quite a large one at that. You can only imagine what it would feel like for a small chil- "HO HO HOO," who the heck was that!? You look around but are startled by something mid air flying like a dolphin thru the air. You felt paralyzed as you heard the splash of the plastic balls being moved by someone or something. Before you can get out you felt hands under your arms picking you up like a child carries a even smaller child. "HELLO NEW FRIEND YOUR HERE EARLY WHERE ARE ALL YOUR FRIENDS?" Im so scared im shaking, what the hell is this thing and why is it in the daycare?! He senses my fear and gently sets me down on the rainbow-ish bridge to get out of the ball-pit. "New friend, Im so sorry for scaring you I am so sorry! Can I get your name? Your trembling slowed down but it was still there. "I uhm- my names-uhh Y/N its nice to meet you errr? Sundrop?" You remember him from the many posters out in the pizza-plex and try to hide your still bubbling fear behind a fake smile and happy voice. "YAY WERE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!" As my fear slowly trickles away I can't help but notice he has yet to move his body out of the ball pit. As if it was able to read your mind, it stands up. "Holy shit!" Thank goodness no kids were here to hear that word! He was at least eight feet tall! "LANGUAGE!" "Im sorry, your just really tall!" It giggled. And honestly it was pretty cute... no snap out of it! "Uh- anyways I'm here as a-uhh daycare attendant, I think..." you heard it gasp... can it gasp? "Omg you're the daycare attendant! So you must be Y/N right?" "Uh yeah, how did you know?" "When you got the job, your name was programmed into my memory, silly!" "Oh thats pretty cool!" And creepy, but I'll spare him the details. "Well come along, show you what you what you need to do!" I followed him to a blue desk with a white top. As he showed you the different codes and tricks you felt grateful that he would take the time to show you, because when that person earlier explained it, I was in my own little world.
.
.
.
"Thank you Sundrop! Tbh, I wasn't paying attention when that person was telling me." "What does 'TBH' mean?" He tilts his head as his rays follow afterwards, "Oh, it means 'To Be Honest,' its a little thing I say every once in a while!" You think back to Kaytie, was her name Kaytie? Kaitlynn? Katrina? Kaylee! Thats it, Kaylee! She seemed quiet, maybe she's like me! "Hello? Earth to (Y/N)!" "Oh, hi, sorry sunny." You look back up to his ever smiling face. "Who brung you here?" He asks like a child in school, "Kaylee, I think, I suck at names," "Oh, yes! Miss Kaylee! She's nice! And knows quite a lot!" You hid your frown behind a smile and a small giggle, you felt like his compliments towards the person felt...wrong? It sent a wave of emotion through your body, not a strong wave, like someone you don't like told you something sad about their personal experiences and you don't care much but its just enough. "She sounds nice!" You smile, it was nothing new, it was a feeling of jealousy, but why? You weren't quite sure, in all reality, she probably deserved him more... 'There you go again, hurting yourself so you don't feel good,' it was a horrible habit you had developed, it was from your fear of failure, and disapproval, when you got yelled at for something small, you felt a weight on your chest, 'Its a little yelling, people go through this and worse through their entire life, your just being selfish,' you would tell your 12 year old self as you covered yourself in a blanket and hid your face in a pillow, breaking down because mama had believed your siblings crocodile tears over your stone face. You're able to hold the tears back only for so long, you didn't want the people you loved the most to see how truly ugly you looked when the tears leaked out of your eyes, sniffles of shame, and all the loud hiccups that my pillow could barely muffle, but eventually, it all came out worse than if you let them see your emotions. You and sun had a seemingly normal conversation after that, your tightened chest slowly relaxed into a normal breathing pattern as he talked wildly about everything he knew, but the lingering of the small compliment towards someone else still bounced off the sides of your mind. Since it was a Sunday so the daycare was closed. (I'm sorry if I said something different, I'm not going back and reading it again) As you helped Sun clean the massive daycare, you noticed how he was very jittery, almost anxious, your cousin hadn't said anything about him being so jittery, but it is what it is.
-/(-)\-
1040 words
Hey yall, I'm trying to make this descriptive, but the only way to do that is based off of what I feel, so I had to use my fear of failing and stuff so it would sound decent, sorry.