23. 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚜

The sound of his own footsteps were enough to keep Y/N alert, walking on the green plains of Narukami Island. In his gaze, there was the Grand Narukami Shrine, where he was headed to.

His own fears were causing his body to react to any sounds nearby, as he was quite alert to being seen by anyone. Hiding from everyone was a task he tended to do extremely often when he still did his duties as the General of the Tenryou Commission's forces. However, after merely a year of peacefulness, it seems his skills were unsharpened. They were still, more than enough to traverse through Kannazuka Island and reach Narukami Island.

"What do you mean that Yae Miko just appeared, and just took the two to her shrine? Couldn't you have stopped her?" Y/N asked loudly, but Sara didn't seem to have been startled as she looked at him with the same intensity.

"Yuri's condition was getting worse every day that passed without his vision. I couldn't... I couldn't simply get his vision back... I... Then, she appeared. She said she could stabilize him. She showed it to me. And I... let her take them. It was better this way." Sara explained, and Y/N looked away from her.

A moment of silence stood betweem them, and Mao stood still, scared one of them would lash out at him if he made a sound.

"...I'm going to go there, and bring them back." Y/N spoke, standing up and walking away. "Then what? How will you do that?" Sara said, as she stood up as well.

"I'll do whatever I need to." He answered, as he quickly closed the door and hurried to Narukami Island.

"... God. He's still as stubborn as ever." Sara said, as she now noticed the other boy in the room.

"Who are you?"

"Gah! I'm sorry!" He quickly bowed over and over, as he was still scared.

Currently, he was near the Shrine. He had managed to get here without being noticed by the Shogunate. He heard from Sara that his older brother, Masahito was currently on the Kujou Encampment near Tatarasuma. It was a shame, but he couldn't risk being caught while trying to speak with him.

The path between the islands usually required a boat, but that was unnecessary to Y/N, as he could simply freeze the water by walking on top of it. It was a terrible idea to bring someone with him, however, as not only there was a large chance they would fall in the water, it was also a pain to carry them if they got seasick.

Honestly, he should have refused when Mao said he wanted to go to Inazuma.

Either way, he was close to the large mountain in which the Grand Narukami Shrine was situated on.

After quickly going up the stairs that led to the top, and climbing by the quickest ways he could, he was now in front of the Shrine, he was able to see the large Sakura tree that stood in the middle of the shrine as he stared at the building.

Not losing any time, he entered the shrine, and after ignoring some shrine maidens, he went to the center of the place, where he was able to see a pink haired woman, she wore a white dress as she stared at the cherry blossoms that feel from the tree.

"I wasn't expecting you to have taken this long to come back. Were there some problems on the road or were you too scared to come meet me?" Yae Miko said, as she turned around and made eye contact with Y/N, who glared at her.

"Where are they?" He asked, coldly as he closed his hand into a fist. "Oh my, such coldness. Hana really took after you, hm?" She said, which only angered Y/N.

"Answer me." Y/N spoke once more, as Yae Miko laughed, "Is this how you treat your own kind, little Y/N? I only have the best of intentions." She continued, before Y/N summoned his katana, grabbing it and walking towards her.