6.hesitation

Ainz had began to contemplate erasing the memories of everyone in the basement to save himself from this embarrassment. Only for his emotional suppression to kick in and calm him down so he could think. He still had the thought of erasing theyre memories but it was a less of a option since Kirk is his only connection to the night city under belly right now. No matter how tempting it is he must not unless he loses a somewhat valuable business partner and important contact. Kirk may not seem like much of have any meaningful qualities and that is true but Ainz  needed him for his plans going forward.

As Ainz was thinking of important was kirk really a hanzo came walking down the stairs. It's black jacket and baseball cap and a night city jersey with 'night city life' written across it's chest. Ainz had told the hanzo's to wear regular clothes so they could blend in with the populace and walk around freely. Which was recieved with praises along with silent confirmation from the hanzo's.

"This one has completed it's task my lord"

Said the hanzo bowing respectfully to to him. Ainz nodded as he moved slowly toward kirk. While the hanzo followed shortly behind.

"Good, is one of the hanzo's manning the counter"

The hanzo nodded as it followed it's lord.

"Yes your majesty there were no customers entering at the present moment"

Ainz let out a sigh as he pulled out a blackck tablet and a tiny pink kitten themed stylus from his inventory. Opening his bank app as he looked to kirk who seemed none the wiser as he talked to the group hanzos with a smile plastered on his face. Laughing as he attempted to tell a joke to the group.

"... and then I said thats not my wife that's a truck"

Which was received with silence and the sound of a cough from the other side of the basement. Sweat dripped down the side of Kirk's face as he tried to think of another joke.

"Uuuuhh wow tough crowd tonight huh?"

Not wanting to see anymore of the travesty that is Kirk's comedy routine Ainz felt obligated to help him. 'He's dying out there' ainz thought to himself as the man was sweating bullets. 'Even my coworkers had better comedy and they were corporate zombies ' having had enoght of kirk's sputtering to get a joke out. He decided to stop his suffering there and then.

"So kirk how much do I owe you for your services"

"Huh?"

At Ainz's boice kirk quickly turned toward the man. As his face went from a look of concern and worry to one of relief.

"Oh uh let's say 300 eddies and we call it even"

Ainz paused at the total amount wincing internally at the price. In the end tapping a few button with his stylus sending the loan shark his money. He did not know why he was surprised Kirk is a con man and body clean up is quite expensive. Of course it would cost alot, letting out a sigh ainz proceeded to deposit his tablet and kitty pen back into his inventory.

"There I sent you the money I wish you a nice evening gentlemen I will be closing up shop for the night you are welcome stay if you wish"

Kirk smiled and let out a dry chuckle and stood up from the crate.

"Thanks ainz but no thank you me and Jaun might as leave if thats all you needed me from"

Said the conman motioning to his lackey to follow. As kirk climbed the stairs followed by ainz as they all ascended to the store. Before leaving up the stairs kirk stopped for a moment.

"Don't eat out of the garbage while I'm gone jesse"

Shortly fallowed by loud grumbling coming from a honzo that was sitting at the weapons cache. Begrudgingly polishing a gun as they finally left basement. Leaving the hanzo's to work on tasks or relax without interuption. In the silence a voice came from the weapons cache.