𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗲

✦

"𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!" I frantically barged into my older brother's room just to find him lying on his bed, with my headphones in.

I march towards the long haired boy and snatch my headphones back with no hesitation. "Next time ask, asshat" I mumbled under my breath, while turning to head back to what most would consider a cave.

"I heard your little boyfriends coming back to town." I paused, genuinely confused.  I've only dated one person, and he doesn't live far from Stars Hollow. 

I slowly turn, my brown hair slightly moving from its place on the top of my head in a messy knot. I see my brother smug smirk and suddenly it clicks. "No, he couldn't possibly be talking about him, right?"   

"Yes, Lilli, I'm talking about him." I wanted to rip that stupid smirk right off his face and slap him with it until he bled. What does he think he's talking about? Dean knows how much Jess hurt me, why would he joke about something like that? 

"You are sick and twisted," I turned and stomped down the stairs. "I love you too!" I heard the asshole from upstairs. Without a second thought, I walked through the front door, towards Luke's.

𝐈𝐟 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 were giving me dirty looks on the sidewalk, I was too preoccupied to notice. I was fuming, there was most likely smoke coming out of my nose, I wouldn't be surprised if my hair was on fire either.

I haven't spoken to Jess in years, and now I wouldn't be speaking to Dean for years as well. 

I got to Luke's and swung open the door. My eyes immediately wandered to look for the brunette haired boy, but thankfully I never saw him. However, I did happen to find my best friend sitting at a table by the window. 

I sat down across from the girl who is the complete opposite of a dumb blonde. "Hi Bella, I haven't seen you in a while." 

Arabella looked at me like I was crazy since we saw each other less than twenty-four hours ago. "Ah yes, long time no see," she slightly laughed as she played along with me.

Bella is so incredibly witty, and she's genuinely not scared of anything or anyone, unless you're a bird.

"Oh hey, I forgot to tell you that I invited Rory and Dean to have breakfast with us." Those words were like poison going down my throat. 

I groaned and placed my head on the table with a quiet thud. Arabella leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "what the fuck happened?" 

I shrugged my shoulders and quickly sat up. "Dean was just messing with me earlier but, i dont know today it pissed me off more than normal." 

As soon as I finished my sentence Dean and his stunning girlfriend walked into Luke's. Side by side, hand in hand. They didn't look for us immediately, instead my brother spun his girlfriend and then planted a sweet kiss on the top of her head.

"I'm going to gauge my eyes out with a fork" I mimicked stabbing my eyes, trying to make it look like I was grossed out. Deep down I knew I was longing for the same feeling.

I wanted to be loved as much as Dean loves Rory. They have something so many people spend their whole lives looking for.

"Well personally, I think they're adorable" Arabella rested her chin in her hands and watched the pair in awe. Dean pulled out Rory's chair and ushered her to sit.

𝐰𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐝 for a few minutes when the door opened. 

My head automatically turned to look and I felt my heart in my throat when I saw who it was.

AVERY SPEAKS

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

and so, it starts.

now that I'm writing this,

I've lost confidence in my abilities