Love in a cup

In the heart of the city, nestled among the hustle and bustle, stood a quaint coffee shop. It was a place where aromas of freshly ground coffee beans spread through the air, and laughter mingled with the sound of brewing espresso machines. Harry, with his unruly curls and a welcoming smile, found solace in the art of brewing the perfect cup of coffee.

One morning, Harry's clumsiness took over. As fate would have it, a freshly brewed coffee ended up spilling onto on of Harry's regular customers, a sharply dressed CEO named Louis Tomlinson.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" Harry exclaimed, his cheeks flushed with embarrassment as he rushed to assist Louis.

Louis, taken aback by the unexpected collision with scalding coffee, was more flustered than hurt. His irritation, however, was evident in his voice.
"Watch where you're going next time!" he snapped, wiping at his shirt with a napkin before swiftly exiting the shop, leaving Harry feeling mortified.

Days passed, and Louis continued to visit the coffee shop, his demeanor distant and somewhat irritable each time he encountered Harry. Despite the initial mishap, Harry remained determined to make it up to Louis somehow, greeting him with a warm smile and flawless service every visit.

Yet, Louis seemed unyielding, his annoyance evident in his short responses and visits. But Harry persisted, offering genuine kindness, even though he had to face Louis' coldness each time. Harry hoped to be able to melt the icy barrier between the two of them at some point in the future. He always liked to be on good terms with his regulars.

As time went by, Harry noticed subtle changes in Louis' behavior. There were glances that lingered a moment longer, or a hint of a softened expression in the middle of a stern expression.

"Your usual, sir?" Harry asked, already taking a grasp of a white paper cup.
"Yes. I will pay by card." Louis added, earning a simple hum and nod from the curly boy.
Louis observed as the barista prepared his drink, adding a little biscuit on the side.
"Here is your drink. It will be £4.99." Louis took his gold credit card out, paying for his very needed morning coffee.
Afterwards, he devoted Harry a super tiny, barely noticeable, smile.
"Thank you." he grabbed his cup, and that biscuit, before he exited the shop.

One day, as Harry handed Louis his usual order, their eyes met for a split of second, and Harry couldn't help but notice a flicker of something different in Louis' gaze. Perhaps, a glint of realization.

"Thank you." Louis said, his tone of voice warm.

"You seem... different today." Harry remarked, unable to contain his curiosity.

Louis hesitated for a moment, his usual guarded exterior faltering.
"I've been... unfair to you, and I apologize for that. I apologize for being so distant."

Harry was taken aback by the unexpected apology. "It's okay. I understand. Is everything all right?"

Louis sighed, a faint smile tugging at the corner of his lips.
"I've been... thinking a lot lately."

Their conversation remained puzzling, leaving Harry quite intrigued. However, in the following days, there was a noticeable shift in Louis' demeanor. He began to linger a little longer during his visits, engaging in casual conversations with Harry, and even allowing Harry a glimpse into his life beyond his business.

"Your usual order, right?" Harry asked with a smile plastered on his lips, when he realized Louis was standing before him.
"Yes, my usual." Louis nodded to what Harry said.
"Are you alright? You seem a bit... distracted." Harry devoted Louis a glance before he got back to work.
"I guess so. My dog cut his paw open on a walk yesterday." so, that was the reason why Louis' little smile was absent that very morning.
"I am sorry to hear that. I am sure it will heal soon. He will be okay." Harry placed the coffee on the counter, devoting Louis a sympathetic smile.
"Yeah, you are right. Thank you, Harry." Louis' gaze lingered over the boy in front of him for a little bit longer, before he grabbed his coffee.
"Goodbye." he turned about, exiting the shop with swift steps.