Rock On

I was walking down the streets and I spotted something bizarre when I turned the corner. It was a guy, he was very cute he could've been around 19-22 years old he was brown skinned he was tall and slim he had a curly taper fade that was a blue and red ombré with a white biker jacket with studs, white ripped jeans and white boots with studs on there as well. Almost everything he had on was white except his colorful hair. He was so gorgeous oh my! He also had many different types of jewelry like a diamond septum nose piercing, multiple lip piercings and many rings, but one just stood out from the rest. He had a real diamond chain with a electric guitar pendant, and to top it all off he had an actual real white electric guitar with diamonds on there as well. He was so stunning I was becoming starstruck. He had to be some type of rockstar or something but here's the question: what is he doing on a random street like this in the middle of the day?

So I gave him a hello but it was just pointless. He had a pleasant grin on his face. His teeth were so perfect and white, he didn't look off or crazy but he said something weird. Instead of saying hi to me he said "rock on" then he threw up the rock on sign. Ummmm what? I was so perplexed I didn't even say anything back I just stood there looking at this singer or guitarist smiling at me. He said it again but this time he strummed his guitar and it made the typical distortion noise. Then he threw up the sign again then he faded away. Only thing I saw was all of his diamonds dancing away as soon as he disappeared. I just asked myself who this guy is, and why is he so strange but so dazzling at the same time?

So I went about my day still having that guy on my mind. A few hours later I had to go to the pharmacy to pick up some meds because I constantly get migraines. The bus is the only way of transportation for me because I'm only 20 and I don't have a car. So while I was walking to the bus stop I felt somebody come right behind me and hit me in the back of my head before I blacked out. It seems like a few hours later I woke up in the hospital, drowsy and confused. I wonder what happened, why am I here and who hit me. Then again I saw the same guy magically appear out of nowhere he said to me once again "rock on while you still can" he threw the sign up, I asked him "who are you" but then he just gave me a beautiful smile before vanishing again. That's when reality hit me, I was really tripping out. I had to ask myself "why is he in the hospital with me?" Why am I talking to this guy?, is he an entity?, does he even exist at all? Is it all in my head? Soon the doctors came and they explained my whole situation. They said that some guy robbed me while I was knocked out cold, this is why I woke up in the hospital. They said I have brain damage and I'm suffering from a concussion. They released me and they told me to take it easy and relax for some time. After this incident I was left with constant fear and depression. I was kinda afraid to travel alone by myself.

So when I got home I turned on the news and it revealed something so shocking I was speechless. That guy that I saw on the streets and in the hospital was a 22 year old rock guitarist that had recently died yesterday. He died from a car crash, he was on his way to his upcoming concert with the rest of his band that day. The driver made a wrong turn and his car collided with another car. The people in the other car survived but he didn't as well as the driver too. This messed up my head making me feel 10 times more depressed. Now as I'm putting the pieces together I understood why I saw him following me, it was because it was his ghost watching over me, it's like he's a guardian angel. I also understood why he told me to rock on it was because he wanted me to enjoy life while I still can and don't take life for granted. I didn't know him until after his death but now I look up to him and he is my hero. I love him and he would forever be in my heart and may his spirit live on forever.