1: You Never Were A Special One. So Why...?

A/N: Bare with me on the weird POV, it'll make sense soon I promise.

The day you opened your eyes, the stars promised you that you'd be rich in happiness and find the purest form of love.

So you hadn't expected it when misery became your dearly despised friend, hadn't expected that you'd be abandoned by who you thought you'd love forever, and who'd love you just as long in return.

You hadn't expected to give up your immortality, only to be backstabbed by the person you gave it up for, hadn't expected someday you'll die.

You hadn't expected the world would shatter into misshapen shards around your feet that cut jagged wounds into your soles.

You hadn't expected the stars to be right.

— — —

"Ulloo?" Your mother called. Owl.

"Ma?" You replied, twirling before the large mirror that stood in the large hall that led to Menaka's Spa.

"Promise that you will never leave me." You thought about it for a moment with pursed lips and struck a pose with one small hand up and the other down, fingers splayed.

"Okay." Menaka smiled contentedly before giving her attention back to the magazine in her hands. You started your dance once again.

— — —

"And you're sure stardom is your calling?"

"Yes, it had my name written on it the day I was born." Urvashi sighed and gently stirred her ice cream with the tip of her finger before licking it off.

"Alright, if that's what you want." You grinned in return.

"I do, so teach me everything you know."

"You're a strange five-year-old, you know that?"

"I'm seven." You giddily hummed the melody of your happy, eternal future.

— — —

You delicately thunked your heels against the wooden floor of the dance studio, making your anklets chime in rhythm. With each slap of the foot came the flashing of fingers curled in a lotus.

"Impressive." Urvashi waved her hand to stop the music that thumped through your skull and pumped through your veins.

"I can do better." You always thought you could do better.

"You can, but right now it's time for you to enter Nidra's Halls." You pouted but obeyed the elder's wishes.

The fall and rise and flare of the music's beat was your companion in the realm of sleep that night. And every night after that. You thought those nights would never end.

— — —

They found you as you made your way toward the Frozen Dreams and Yogurt stall and swarmed you with notebooks and cameras.

"Is your mother around?" The Otherworld's residents asked with eager eyes. "What about your sisters? Are they close by?" Their heads enthusiastically flicked here and there, as if they were high on caffeine, desperate to catch the first glimpse of your famous family. Their hands were ready to receive autographs and their smiles wide preparing for a dozen selfies.

"No."

And just like that, they were gone, disinterested in you without the presence of the other apsaras hovering about. A few snapped a couple of pictures before muttering about how it would 'gain them a few likes and would have to do for now' before stalking off.