JOKE

jenna was in shock, she thought he was crazy, or that maybe he was just overreacting about this.

   she and olivia walked downstairs, jenna looked at jackson and rolled her eyes, breakfast was ready so she sat down.

   jackson sat down across from her, they got their plates, and started eating.

  jenna and jackson kept making eye contact, olivia noticed and rolled her eyes at them.

   jackson looked over at olivia, smiled, and then looked back at jenna.

_________________________________

   about 20 minutes later, jenna finished and got up to go outside to the pool.

   jackson followed her, excusing himself from the table nicely before he left.

   he went outside into the backyard, he saw jenna sitting on the edge of the pool.

   he cleared his throat, grabbing her attention, she looked over her shoulder slightly.

   "how am i leading you on?!" she says, loud but not loud enough to grab everyone's attention.

   "you know exactly how." jackson replies, it's true. she does know exactly how, she just doesn't want to admit it.

  jenna scoffs at his reply, she stands up and crosses her arms at him, "you're a dick."

  "oh am i?" he replies, storming back into the house, he goes upstairs.

  olivia notices him storming upstairs and she follows him, curious on what they were talking about and if he's okay.

   he's sitting on her bed as she enters her room, she sits down next to him, "so, what happened? are you okay?"

  jackson looks at her, "she's just so.." jackson tries telling olivia about what happened but she interrupts him.

  "stupid?" olivia suspects that's what he's gonna say, jackson goes along with it even if it's not and he nods.

   "i-" jackson tries to say something else but fails, olivia interrupts him with a kiss.

  jackson shockingly kisses her back.

  meanwhile...

     jenna stands alone in the backyard, she feels bad and wants to apologize, so she goes upstairs to olivia's room.

  she opens the door and sees them kissing, she's taken aback, she looks pissed.

   she slams the door and storms to get out of the house, jackson stand up and immediately chases after her.

  by the time he gets outside, jenna is driving away, he tries running after the car but fails.

he sits in the driveway all day, waiting for jenna to come back, he feels horrible.

  it's super late, twelve in the morning, as soon as he gets ready to stand up and go in, a car pulls into the driveway.

  jenna gets out and he runs over, everyone is in the backyard enjoying the fourth of july party.

  "you missed the party for me?" she says calmly, not believing he would do something like that.

"yeah." he replies, he runs his fingers through his hair, wondering what to say.

  "why would you kiss her?" she asks him, she wasn't fully leading him on, maybe a tiny part of her truly like him.

  "she was there, and you weren't." he says, he knows that it's not an excuse but he doesn't know what to say, he's nervous.

  "i'm sorry." he adds, wanting to get his point across that he loves her and doesn't want her to leave him.

  but she doesn't know that he does, at least she doesn't want to believe it.

  she pulls him into a hug, he hugs her tightly, his arms around her waist, her arms around his neck.

   olivia looks out of her window to see if jackson was still waiting for jenna and she sees them.

  olivia holds a firework towards them, she lights it and luckily the wind takes it above them and into the sky.

  jenna looks up and laughs, "what a coincidence." she looks at jackson.

  jackson steps back to look up and see the firework, it fades away and he looks back at her.

  "you should go check the party out." he says, he smiles at jenna.

she goes to the backyard to check out the party, while jackson heads up into olivia's room to sleep.

__________________________________

   the next day, it's a little after noon, jackson is swimming in the pool, jenna stares at him through her window.

  he's got music playing through a speaker as he does flips into the pool and does laps.

jackson looks up at jenna's window and see's her, he waves and she waves back.

  jackson gets out of the pool and drys off, he gets dressed and watches tv in the living room.

                                   WC: 758

  thank you guys for reading, i've been busy with school and other things! happy 2024!!