00| ꜱᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ʜᴏʟᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ

MAYBE HER OPINION was favored when she said district 4 was the most beautiful out of them all

MAYBE HER OPINION was favored when she said district 4 was the most beautiful out of them all. maybe she was delusional for believing anything could be beautiful in the world she lived in... or maybe she was just blind to what happened on the outside of her world.

cordelia, mostly known as bay, was always happy or so she seemed to be. she always made sure to put on a smile, even when people frowned in her direction. some people call her naive to the fact that people were dying every year for the sake of mass entertainment.

though, she knew of everything that happened in the hunger games and watched them every year. being raised by a previous victor of the games, entailed many stories and lessons on how to survive if she were ever to be picked. thankfully for her she never had to go through these conversations alone, being that her younger brother, icarus known as roe, was always there to listen too.

she grew up being taught how to fight, survive without eating for a couple days, and how to be confident and brave even when she truly wanted to cry or hide under her bed. she grew up learning how to fight and preform for other people.

—but out of all the lessons she had learned, her favorite was how to keep a smile on her face. some people call it her weakness, but she sees it as her strength.

she liked helping people. she liked giving people a smile even when she was at her darkest because she believed that's what people around her needed the most.

it was something she could've never learned from her father, adrian, who was more rough around the edges. he didn't like people knowing the ins and outs of his personal life after the whole world had known every inch of him after his games. once he settled down and had kids, he made sure everything was private. he never wanted them to be in the limelight or pestered by the outside world. he wanted them to be a secret out of protection.

— and while adrian was commonly known as an angry man. the woman he married was completely the opposite. scarlet bay was a women of peace, virtue, and love. she taught her kids respect, kindness, and grace. something that no one could take away from them. though, her personal interests were a threat to the capital. snow believed her kindness and the good in her heart were a reason for another rebellion— he saw rebellion in her with every person she helped. this only ended in her demise, killing her not long after cordelia turned 10. another reason as to why adrian kept his kids a secret, because he saw scarlet so strongly in cordelia that he couldn't risk it.

scarlets death hit them all pretty hard, but adrian was the one who spiraled out of control. he turned to alcohol to drink away his sorrows, leaving roe and cordelia to fend for themselves most of the time. they became closer than ever and leaned on each other for support at such a young age. though, cordelia wouldn't have it any other way.