9.Pretend and Daunt your self

9

I swiftly put on the dress Stephan chose. Apparently, he had a good sense of fashion and was always updated up to date with the fashion trends. And without any abhor I could say that as matter of fact that he chose costumes that was perfect for my taste.

Regal and elegant.

The black silk material of the shirt had golden veils trailing down the right sleeve and covered the right part of the shirt like a spreading plague of golden, it was tucked in to the tight fitting black slacks and topped off with a pair of black leather gloves to keep out the autumn chill. I preferred to wear combat boots instead of heeled ones as i was getting ready for a run.

I slammed the door open and walked out of the room, bursting in buoyant aura and ran straight in to a wall of muscle. The figure caught my arm before I could fall and a familiar sigh of discontent made its way to my ears.

"Look where you're going, Ella." Stephan remarked. I nodded my head as I was busy beaming in joy and walked away. "And...Surprise" he said sarcastically, I halted in my way and turned back, curious to know what this so called surprise was. "I'm coming with you" he muttered out, feigning revulsion. My eyes were wide as saucers as the plan in my mind shattered. I groaned, my glee vanishing in a snap of his fingers. "Why?" I whined.

"You'll find out" was his reply and we took off.

The whole ride to the place we were going was silent and I could not help basking myself in his appearance. Oh, how he allured himself in faithful glory. He esteemed himself so high, never bowing his head.

I saw something's I never noticed as I drank in his exterior in detail. How his blonde hair glistened under the soft beam of the moon, how his eyes were the same color of storms and devastating floods, how his body seeked the devotion of my eyes, every inch of him screamed perfection.

My hair was jet black. My eyes hazel brown. My heart naive and inexperienced despite my face as a journalist, I kept myself away from the dark truths. The abuse, starvation and torture I felt was nothing compared to what some people go through. I went through the traumatizing events for six years and others, there are men who felt a life time of it.

The unscathed form of him, how he got everything he wished for.

He was my polar opposite. From head to toe.

My heart aches every time I looked at him. That unavoidable feeling that he suffers deep inside. My heart aches every time I looked at him. That unavoidable feeling that he's dying inside.

Why? Why for someone I hate the most? Why for someone who tormented me with is words and actions? Why for someone...who...who took care of me the most? He never failed to answer my needs, spoiling me. But his harsh words scrubbed away his integrity.

What am i feeling towards him? What is this foreign feeling? Is this something i would never admit?

Deny it with all you can. The odds of what this alien emotion must be. But your defiance to this possibility is a waste of time. It's only a matter of days that you completely give up on your mind and go insane.

Go insane for him.

A voice whispered, unknown and deep within my bones. I couldn't make out its source nor understand its words.

Is it stating that I...that I...

The words could never leave past my stiff tongue nor could it mentally revise itself. Whatever this sensation must be, it is something I will regret in the future.

"Checking me out, huh amore?" His voice snapped me out of the trance. Heat rose to my cheeks as I realized that I have been staring at his face for some time. "I'm not your amore" I mumbled more to myself.

Shutting me out and pulling me in. That's all what he has been doing for the past one week. Locking me inside his room and pretending to his parents he took me with him to wherever he go. All the while, I'm still crawled inside the confined space. Every time I sat alone in there, the walls were growing closer, choking me. Its invisible limbs dragging me to eternal voids.

Reminds me of the old times. Locked up and starved. Thankfully they are not leaving me famished here. Stephan leaves food for me. I feel like a pet, an use and throw item. But still this indefinable feeling gets me every time his skin grazes mine, when his azure blue eyes glance at me.

Is he feeling the same?

I wanted to look at him and ask. Voice out my thoughts. But I'm afraid of the consequences.

Deny it all you want..

The strange said and laughed menacingly. Its shrill voice clawed inside my head.

"Get out of my head" I gritted my teeth as the pain grew. Its laugh turned into high pitched shrieks and screams. "Get out" my nails penetrated deeper into my skull, trying to numb the intense tenderness.

"Get out"

I cried out. "top- STOP- get out of my fucking head"