𝐢𝐢:

"VEE, COME ON

"VEE, COME ON. WE have to go. We only got a few miles left." My dad hurried me, pulling my hand. We had to stop for a bathroom break.

And I pout trying to defend myself, from our earlier conversation, "I promise it wasn't my fault! That fu-" My father gave me a look and I apologised before continuing, "It's that foxing girl's fault. I was reading and then she started bothering me! Next thing I know, she tried to eat me!"

"I know, Vanessa, I know." He said getting into our car. I look at him confused, pulling my seatbelt on too, "You do? You believe me?"

I knew how that sounded. When I was younger saying these things normal. But at fourteen? Wait, what if it's reverse psychology or something?

"Where are we going? You still haven't told me," I ask, pulling on my headphones and Walkman again. I never went anywhere without it and a book. So next, I pull out my Pride and Prejudice book by Jane Austin.

I didn't really understand half of the said words, but when the movie came out last year I started to obsess over it. Like every teenage girl with good taste.

"So, where are we going? Another trip?" I asked, not being able to hide my excitement at the thought.

He glanced at me for a second, I knitted my brows when I saw his eyes. They were sad, why was he sad? Was it because I got kicked out of another school? He never was sad, only disappointed. Which was sometimes worse.

"I'm taking you to a camp. Camp Half Blood. Does the name say anything to you?"

I looked at him sceptically, putting in my Cranberries CD on my Walkman. "Other than that it sounds like they possibly sacrifice children? Nope."

Dad sighed, "Remember what I told you about mom?"

"Yeah." Mom was a touchy subject, for the both of us.

For me... I always wanted a mom. Everyone else had one, why couldn't I? As I got older I realised that dad was still, fully, unconditionally and completely in love with her. Even though he hadn't seen her since I was born probably.

"Well, your mom is a... Goddess."

I raise one of my brows at him, "Dad, I know you still love her or something, but you haven't seen her in a while and people age during a decade-"

Dad suddenly stopped the car, making my eyes almost pop out of their sockets of shock, "Dad?!"

He ran a hand through his hair, "No, Vee, your mother is a Goddess."

"I think we covered that part already?"

"Venessa."

"What? Okay, so my absent mother is a Goddess, whatever." I say, rolling my eyes, but they quickly focus of something in the review mirror.