Chapter 6

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Oakley ❤️
what are your plans today?

Stella ❤️‍🔥
not much, just abt to get coffee w
Dominic then run a few errands

Stella ❤️‍🔥
wbu??

Oakley ❤️
heading to the studio soon.
i'll call you again later tonight tho,
yea?

Stella ❤️‍🔥
kk 💕

Oakley ❤️
say hi to Dominic for me

Stella ❤️‍🔥
okayy lol

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Stella giggled to herself as she sent her text message to Oakley. She liked that he didn't seem intimidated by the fact that she was hanging out with her ex, but could also sense a bit of jealousy from his last text.

Not that there was any reason to be jealous. It's just coffee. They hadn't properly hung out in years, it'll probably just be a bit of catching up. Nonetheless, Stella still felt weirdly nervous. She was scared that it would be awkward or even worse, that Dominic would bring up their relationship.

In perfect timing as always, her phone rang.

"Hi Dominic." she spoke, smiling to herself. One thing she remembered from their relationship was that he'd always preferred calling over texting her. It made her feel nostalgic to know that he was still the same in that way.

"Hey! So, I'll be on the way in a bit. Verve Coffee, right?" He asked.

"Yeah! I was just about to leave too." She replied.

"Do you need a ride? I can come swoop you right now." He offered.

"No no, don't worry. I'm pretty close by. I'll be there soon!" Stella reassured.

"Okay cool.. I'm excited to see you." Dominic confessed. He'd instantly regretted it as soon he said it, but quickly convinced himself that he was confident in his choice of words.

Stella was glad that he wasn't there to see her blush. "Are you?" She teased playfully.

"Nahh, I take it back actually." He teased back.

She giggled into the phone before speaking, "I'll see you soon, Dominic."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Verve was one of Stella's favorite coffee spots. Their outdoor patio had various private little nooks to sit in, perfect for her and her besties to chat in, whilst staying hidden from the paps.

Stella arrived first, placing both her and Dominic's coffee order, which he had texted her while he looked for parking. She grabbed the table number the cashier had given her and made her way to a small table at the very back of the patio.

She saw Dominic entering and gave him a little wave to flag him down. His look was very early 2000s skater boy. Baggy jeans, a vintage graphic tshirt that was covered by an unzipped oversized dark grey hoodie, and black sunglasses.