An Evening in the Snow: Garreth Weasley

"Garreth! We are going to be late!" I shouted as I wrapped my scarf around me. Garreth came out of the bedroom holding a small gift that was wrapped in a way a child might have wrapped a present.

"Do you like it? Can you believe I've never even wrapped a gift before!" He said with a proud smile on his face as he held up the box. I couldn't help but giggle at his happiness and pride.

Garreth was the kind of person that it felt impossible to be sad around. There was a light about him that just made you smile no matter how you were feeling. It was one of the first things that drew me to him. We started dating in our seventh year at Hogwarts and every day in the three years since that first date has been the happiest day because of him.

"It's perfect. Now, let's go, please. You know how Ominis gets when we are late." I said, grabbing my gift for Poppy. Garreth leaned down and kissed me on my cheek, making me laugh from his red curls gently tickling my face.

"Yes, let's go, love," Garreth said as he held the door open for me. The cold air hit as soon as I walked outside. There was snow all over the front of our cottage home. The magical feeling of Christmas Eve lingered as I looked around the village and took in the sights. The smell of cinnamon and evergreen was strong as I closed my eyes for a moment and let myself take it all in.

Garreth opened the carriage door that was just in front of us and held my hand as I pulled myself inside. Ominis and Poppy lived about an hour from us which meant we would be taking the thestral pulled carriage. He climbed in next to me and the carriage started to pull itself.

The snow was falling harder with every passing moment. I knew it would be snowing, but I was not expecting so much of it. Garreth squeezed my hand, drawing my attention from the window.

"Are you alright, love?" He asked with a sweet smile. I nodded my head before looking back outside.

"Yes. A bit concerned about the weather, but we should be fine. Right?" I asked, turning to look at Garreth once more. He rubbed his thumb along my hand.

"It'll be fine. Wouldn't be the first time the thestrals have walked in a bit of snow. Besides, it's only an hour and we've already been traveling for twenty minutes. It won't be much longer now." He said with a reassuring smile.

I looked down at the present in his hand, noticing the bow that was slightly uneven on the top. His large hands made the gift look even smaller somehow but it still brought joy seeing it.