C H A P T E R : 1

[Not edited]

[Not edited]

"IF I REMEMBER correctly you told me that our website would be fixed in 24 hours", I spoke calmly. But judging by the way the idiots sitting in the meeting room flinched, I'm sure my eyes betrayed me like always.

My anger wasn't cold, it was hot. And when it burned, whoever is in infront of me burns too. Unlike my brothers, I've never been the one to keep control over my emotions.

At 25 I am the CEO of the most successful clothing brand in America, soon to be globally. Our clothes are affordable while still being fashionable, our unique style is what attracts buyers the most. I used to be the biggest threat for brands like Zara but now their no competition for us.

But lately our online website has been crashing because of high trafic. Our enemies have started putting out posts like 'shop from us, our website won't crash'.

"Our team is working on it miss Khan", the scrawny man sitting beside me spoke as if I was a beast whom if not approached carefully would eat you alive.

I probably would. But that's not the point.

"Do you know what Xenthom is ?...", I trailed my eyes down toward where his employee card hung loosely. "Liam ?"

I raised an eyebrow and Liam gulped nervously. "Xenthom i-is t-he m-ost suc-ccessful clo-clothing b-rand glo-globally ma'am", he stuttered.

"AND WE CAN'T FIX A MINOR PROBLEM OF OUR WEBSITE !?!?", I slammed my hand down on the table, raising my voice at the pathetic excuses for human beings infront of me causing everyone present to flinch.
Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm myself down. Shouting won't work, I can't let my anger take control right now.

"I want this problem fixed within an hour, and if it isn't fixed by then, each one of you can consider yourself fired. All of you get out my sight now.", They left like their butts were on fire, the room emptied quickly and I was left in silence.

I rubbed my head willing the hedache to go away but like the clingy bastard it was, it stayed. Working with idiots all day does that to a person.

I got up and left the meeting room. Employees greeted me politely as I passed by. Once I was in my office, I called my assistant to bring me a coffee immediately.

Few minutes later, my assistant entered informing me that my boyfriend Elijah was here. A rare warm smile formed on my face hearing his name.

A life of privilge meant no friends who liked you for your personality and not money.

Elijah was the first person who truly saw me, appreciated me, supported me and didn't care about what my last name was or how much money I had in my bank account.

We've been dating since high school. To me, it's just us till the end. No one else.

Elijah entered, in his police uniform, with his hair messed up and a smile that I could stare at forever. "Thought I'd check on my girl.", he spoke coming to give me peck on the lips before sitting down on one of the chairs Infront of my desk.