Prolouge

(Warning, childbirth and gore read at your own risk)

In the dead of night, almost 12 miles from District 12 is a cabin covered in layers of snow

In the dead of night, almost 12 miles from District 12 is a cabin covered in layers of snow. Inside was Lucy Gray Baird, who was currently screaming in pain as she gave birth to her child. Only 16, yet pushing through the pain of contraction after contraction waiting for the right moment to give birth to her daughter. At her side is, Mary Blue Jones, a Covey and soon-to-be mother."You're almost there Lucy Gray."Mary says looking between her friend's leg and checking the progress of dilation.

"I can't, can't!"Lucy yells with tears in her eyes, gripping onto the sheets of the makeshift bed."Lucy, Lucy, you can do this, At any moment you are going to be holding your baby, and they are going to make you spin. You will love them because they have been with you, sharing with you, and waiting for this moment to meet their ma." Mary says encouraging her friend."I know it hurts, I know it is painful, but you can do it, if you manage to get this far, then, you can go beyond."Maru says looking into Lucy's eyes. Lucy Gray nodded and soon felt the strongest contraction she had had.

"Okay, you are fully dilated, now on the next contraction, you need to push, and I need it to be strong, okay!"Mary says looking straight at Lucy, who nods. Then a contraction hit and Lucy began to push.

She screamed, pushing, until Mary told her to stop, "Okay, that was good, now again on the next one, "Mary said, and once more another contraction hit. Lucy Gray sits up and pushes, hard. This time, Mary could see the baby clearly, "One more push, push with all you got. "Mary says, and Lucy Gray pushes, pushes like she never done before. All Lucy Gray could do was push for her child, her baby. Then, a wail, not her wail but the wail of a newborn baby."A girl! It's a girl!"Mary Blue yells, laughing, holding the newborn baby, covered in blood and clear slime. They cleaned the baby girl and Mary Blue, and wrapped her up in a white blanket she made.

 They cleaned the baby girl and Mary Blue, and wrapped her up in a white blanket she made

Mary Blue gives the baby girl to Lucy Gray, who is a mess. Sweat sticking to her forehead, her clothes were wet and messy from pushing, but it all didn't matter at that moment. Lucy Gray held her daughter close to her chest. When Lucy Gray's baby opened her eyes, tears began to spring from Lucy Gray's eyes. Her daughter had her father's eyes, Coriolanus' eyes. With those beautiful crystal blue eyes, Lucy Gray smiles and just cries. 9 months back, after what had happened, Lucy Gray forgave Coriolanus and decided to stay. When Lucy was only 5 months into her term, Mary Blue, who was also pregnant, found her and confessed that Sejanus Plinth and her married before he was taken back to the capital by his father.  Both girls decided to raise their children together.

Now, with Lucy Gray, who was holding her baby, Mary Blue looks at her friend."So, what do you plan to name her?"She asked, as Lucy Gray studied and traced her daughter's features, "Calandra, Calandra Lilic."Lucy Gray declares and watches as the snow tumbles, encasing them in a white blanket. Protecting them from the outside world.