one

"Mom, I'm going to be fine!"

Jess's mother stood before her, the small woman looking over her daughter. Her eyes welled up with tears as she looked at her eldest off to begin her career. Jess smiled softly with a humored look,
"I'll be home for Christmas."

"I know, I'm just not ready to accept that you're all grown up now."

Jess smiled before reaching forward and wrapping her mother up in a tight hug. She smiled into her mom's shoulder as her mother clutched onto her. The two women pulled away and Jess' mom brushed her own tears away before pressing a kiss to her cheek,
"Alright, I love you hun- and I'm so so proud of you."

"Love you too."

Jess moved and quickly hugged her dad, having already said their goodbyes. She sighed as she turned around to face her brothers. Gray looked up at her, eyes filled to the brim with tears. His small shoulders shook from how hard he was trying to keep himself composed. Jess's eyes moved over to her brother Zach. His hands were hanging loosely in his pockets and he looked up at his older sister through his long lashes. Jess bit her lip as she walked towards the two and grabbed them into a hug. Gray began to cry as he latched himself around his older sisters middle. Jess ran her hands through his blonde curls as she and Zach clutched onto one another.

"Please look out for him, those kids can be mean to him." Jess mumbled to Zach, praying the fifteen year old would look out for their nine year old brother.

Zach nodded into her shoulder as they all held one another tightly and Jess said,
"I'll be home as soon as I can, I promise."

She heard her flight number called out and with a sigh she stepped away from the two. She leaned down and wiped Grays tears and pressed a kiss to his forehead. She pulled Zach back into a small hug before she stepped away and grabbed her luggage. She smiled at her brothers, blinking back tears,
"I love you both."

The two nodded and Zach wrapped a loose arm around Grays shoulders. Jess sighed before turning on her heel and walking to her gate and looked once more at her family before boarding the plane.

-

Jess's thick blonde hair blew around her face as she pulled her luggages behind her. Families pushed past her, hurrying to get onto the island. Jess' eyes took in the scenery around her, she was going to have to live here for the next few years- might as well take it in. The sun beat down on her as heat radiated off the pavement beneath her feet.

Isla Nublar had once been home to one of the greatest genetic feats in history but now it was nothing more than a mere tourist trap. It had stores filled to the brim with stuffed dinosaur plushies, varieties of graphic shirts, and collectible pins, just like any other theme park. Obviously if all of this truly bothered Jess she wouldn't have signed the contract with her aunt. She could manage tourists if she was able to have her dream job.