Spilling Out

You couldn't bring yourself to tell Keigo, despite Dabi telling you over and over that you needed to.
When you'd gotten back, he'd stormed you immediately, asking you where you'd been, why you hadn't told him that you would be later and where your tights had gone.
You'd lied and said that they'd gotten torn during the day, so you'd had just taken them off.
He didn't question it when you held your arms out for a hug, immediately pulling you into him and curling his wings around you.

Unlike when you first went 'missing', Keigo just gave you a gentle telling off, telling you to just let him know if you're going to come back a little later. He squeezed you tight and didn't even question it when the hug probably lasted a lot longer than usual between you both.
He'd eventually rubbed a stubbly cheek against your head and told you to get yourself to bed.

You'd had a long shower, scrubbing your skin viciously, and laid yourself in bed, trying to shut your brain off so you don't cave in to that familiar feeling of poison crawling under your skin, begging to be let out.

You have your phone switched off for the next few days, and continue to follow Keigo around as he works, pretending that nothing had happened, and that you simply didn't feel like talking much, telling him that you just were a bit down about the time of year on account of having lost your parents.
He didn't need to know that it was untrue, and that your parents had actually mostly worked Christmas Day anyway because the payment was better.

On Christmas eve, Keigo works the whole day, apparently as an arrangement with Rai so he could have Christmas off to spend with you. Something that should be cute, and thoughtful, but it's something that you actually end up feeling sad about for some inexplicable reason.
He comes back with Rumi, who has a bag full of gifts and a big smile on her face as she comes through the door.
You weren't expecting it, and you honestly weren't expecting to be able to pretend that you were okay in front of a whole other person, but you were actually pretty relaxed by the end of the evening, smiling softly and joining Rumi in making fun of Keigo until he begins to sigh dramatically and blush slightly at all the teasing.

She's adamant on you both opening your gifts while she's there, despite it not being Christmas yet. Your wings fluffed when you saw she had gotten you some cute new clothing, and she smirked, running her hand through the feathers gently.

"Yup. Just like Hawksie." She teased, nudging his thigh with her foot as he opened his gifts.

She'd gotten him some clothing too, all blue and purple, his favourite colours, bird seed (which did not land well), and a bottle of alcohol. She'd also brought him a book titled 'parenting for dummies', which he'd launched at her, only for her to catch it fluidly and giggle wildly.
You felt a little guilty for not having got her anything, but Keigo thrusted a bag at her using his feathers and told her that they were from you both.
He got her a whole bunch of special socks, because she apparently had issues with her feet thanks to her quirk, and a tonne of chocolate snacks. He also got her a bag of carrots, which he'd watched her open with a shit-eating grin on his face.

You end up ending the evening with playing mahjong, Rumi and Keigo practically going for each other's throats throughout the entire game.
It's fun though, and you feel a little better by the end of it, thanks to the distraction Rumi provided.

*•*

You wake up to the feeling of something weighty collapsing on top of you, and you startle immediately, a surprised squeal leaving you as you try, and fail, to get up.
Keigo's laying on you, arms and wings wrapped around you, a big grin on his face as he looks down at you.

"It's Christmas!" He exclaims.

"What the fuck, Keigo?" You ask sleepily.

"I need to get you a swear jar, but I'll let it go 'cause it's Christmas." He replies happily. "C'mon! It's ten a.m.! I wanna open my presents!"