Bottles After Bottles

m4f cuz idk 

I stare at my phone in disbelief. I was reading the message repeatedly like I didn't already understand the text. You see, my girlfriend has a drinking problem. She doesn't know how to just... Put the bottle down. Don't get me wrong, my girlfriend Ivy is a sweet girl. It's just, she's like a whole different person when she gets drunk.

So when I got the text from my friend, I wasn't as surprised as I should have been. I got up, put my hoodie and shoes on, and walked out the door.

When I arrived, Ivy's friend was already there waiting for me. "I'm glad you're here," She said. "She's going nuts."

Ivy's friend led me inside the bar and we started looking for Ivy. She got drunk and started attacking everyone, is what I'm hearing. We look everywhere, asking everyone, and looking around the street. Eventually, I give up and tell Ivy's friend that I'm going home, and if she finds Ivy she'll need to bring her to my place.

When I came home, to my surprise, Ivy was sitting on the couch, with a bottle of Jack Daniels in her hand. I take off my shoes and I sit down next to her.

"Babe," I say seriously. "We have to talk, like now."

"Why?" she slurred.

"Because it's important," I say, nervously. "I can't not talk about it."

"Fine," Ivy says.

"So, I love you. I do. But I don't think we can be together anymore."

Ivy sits up, shocked. "Are you serious?"

I nod. Ivy puts the bottle down. "So you're breaking up with me? Why?"

"Because," I say. "I can't deal with you when you're drunk. You are constantly being rude to me, cheating on me, and embarrassing me, and I always forgive you. But this time, I just can't."

Ivy stands up and stands in front of me, squatting down to my level. "So you're leaving? Just like that? Or is there someone else.?"

"No Ivy!" I exclaim. "There is no one else, I just can't deal with you anymore!"

Ivy frowns, she stands up and she sits down next to me.

"But, you can't just... leave. I thought you liked me, Sebastian!" She says, tearing up.

"I do," I say, pitifully. "I do, but I can't deal with all of-"

She cuts me off. "All of what? I can change!"

"All of you!" I yell. "You are stressing me the hell out, always!"

A tear drops down Ivy's face. She shrugs and stands up, throwing her hands up as if she had given up. "Fine, I'll leave, if that's what you want." She says, choking on her own words. Ivy walks to our room, I hear her sniffing and crying. Opening and closing drawers. Dragging her suitcase

I stand up and go to the room, I stand in the doorway. Watching her sob and stuff clothes into her suitcase, as I watch her, I slowly feel bad. So, I sit down next to her. She finishes stuffing all her clothes into her suitcase and she zips it up. She looks at me, tears filling her eyes. "Can you leave me the fuck alone?" She says, very hurtfully.

I shake my head. "I can't help it," I say. "You look sad." Ivy stands up, crossing her arms. "Do you expect me to be happy after you just broke up with me?" she says. "Are you, like, actually insane?"

Ivy rolls her eyes and goes by the front door, grabbing all of her shoes and purses. Ignoring me, she walks past me as if I'm a ghost. After stuffing all of her stuff into her suitcase and putting all of her shoes, purses, and other things into garbage bags. Ivy walks by the front door, puts on the pair of Crocs that I bought her, her hoodie, and she walks out the door. Not even saying goodbye.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

A couple of weeks later, I can't help but be bored. Like, a part of my life just went poof. All of my friends were saying to not get back together with her, saying that I was directing all of my attention to Ivy. Which, is fine, I guess. But without the alcohol, she was a nice person. I stare at my phone. Expecting a text message from anyone, or anything.

I open my Instagram, I notice that Ivy has blocked me. Honestly, that made me smile. I logged into her account, it also surprised me that she kept the same password she and I made.

When I went to her main page, I was expecting her to delete all of her photos of me. Instead, she kept one photo up. The photo that she took of me last Halloween. I let her paint my face, she painted a cat on my cheek and snapped a photo of it.

This makes me want to call her up, and maybe even get back together with her. I call her, waiting for anything. Suddenly, I feel my heart beating loudly and very hard. I hang up, and I roll over on my back. I breathe heavily and I suddenly feel my head stinging. I sigh and I try to call her again. It immediately goes to voicemail.

'Hey, this is Ivy. Sorry, I couldn't come to the phone right now. I probably was sleeping. If you want, please leave a message at the sound.'

*BEEP!*

"Hey, it's Sebastian. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to meet up somewhere. Maybe at my place, your new place? I just wanna talk, I swear." I sigh and I hang up. Hoping she'll answer eventually.

A few hours later, as I'm making dinner, I hear my phone chime. I wash and dry off my hands and pick my phone off. My eyes widen as I notice it's from Ivy. I read the text message. 'I'll be there in a few.' I panic and I try to hurry up and make dinner.

☻𓆩♡𓆪

As I'm washing the dishes, I hear my doorbell ring. I shake my hands, getting a little water off, and I open the door. I see Ivy. When I try to say hi, she walks past me and she looks at the oven.

"You cooked fajitas?" She asks. "I never told you that I loved fajitas, how did you know?' She stared at the food that I made.

"What can I say," I say playfully. "I am a psychic." We both laugh and we sit in silence.

Ivy breaks the silence as she's making her a plate. "So, what did you wanna talk about?"

She asks.

I sigh, and I feel my heart thump again. "I just wanted to... You know, apologize for just kicking you out like–"

Before I can finish my thought, she cuts me off. "It's okay." She blurts out. "I forgive you, I was stupid. So, I get why you broke up with me. If I was you, I would too." She says and she takes a bite out of her food.

I laugh. I sigh again, preparing for my huge speech. "As- you know, I was sitting here, in my apartment. I noticed that I missed you. It's just, I don't know. I feel so lonely without you. I miss you sneaking up behind me and jumping on my back. I dunno, it's weird I guess."

As I'm talking, I see Ivy cleaning off her mouth. I stop talking and I sigh. When I get ready to talk again, Ivy walks up to me and she grabs me and kisses me. My eyes widen, and I slowly get into the kiss. We kiss in silence. Pure silence. After we break apart, we don't say a word.

"Are we official again?" Ivy asks, sitting down on the counter. I cross my arms. "I'll think about it." I say smiling.

<3

It's lowkey kinda short and I wanna write more but I got spanish homework I gotta work on soo bye happy new year !!

instagram: revolvercharmz

twitter: chloeslisp_

discord: lyricalpearls