Part 2

" Great, Just Great", Louis says to himself actually voicing his previous thoughts

" the one time you don't bring your motorcycle this happens, poor Lewis"

The voice is cold and menacing coming from behind me. I immediately recognized it as him. Nick Grimshaw. Nick used to be his best friend but then Louis told him that he might be bi and Nick flipped his and started being a total knob and called him endless slurs. He remembers it like it was yesterday.

*flashback to freshman year*

Nick and I were hanging out but I had started to notice a toxic change in Nick recently, he had started being a player and homophobic for popularity

" It's fine tommo just beat him up for being a fa*got It'll be funny I promise," Nick says with a sly grin. Nick wanted Louis to beat up a gay kid in our grade. Louis wouldn't beat him up he couldn't. Unintentional Louis lets it slip out

" I won't, I can't" Nick quickly turns agitated

"Why Louis WHY! is it because you're a f*g boy too!"

"n-NO I- I Mean I don't know anymore mate I still fancy girls but-" Louis's brain just now renders what his mouth had just spoken. Louis stares at the ground like it's the most interesting thing in the world. Before he can say anything else he hears a disgusted scoff

" I can't believe that I have been best mates with a 'effing Fa*got this whole time, do you understand how disgusting that is!! I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson for being a revolting piece of sh- " Louis urgently looks up and the last thing he sees is a fist going to his face. And then Black. Just Black.

Louis stayed out of school for 2 weeks, because after he blacked out Nick kept beating him up. The last thing Nick communicated with Louis was a note.

I'm DONE WITH YOU

I AM NOT BEING MATES WITH A FA*GOT

I WON'T TELL ANYBODY YOUR A F*G BECAUSE

THEN YOU'LL TELL PEOPLE I BEAT YOU UP

AND NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO DEAL WITH YOUR BS
IF YOU DON'T SAY ANYTHING I WONT

I WILL NEVER EVER LET YOU FORGET ABOUT HOW

YOU RUINED OUR FRIENDSHIP AND YOUR OWN LIFE

-N.G

When Louis woke up he was covered in blood and was in shock after reading the note countless times, the tears never ceased because he knew that everything Nick said was right and he hated Nick and he hated himself. But the worst thing was that he slipped into depression for a while after that Because one of his best mates, one he used to be able to trust with everything and anything, left him. A person he would risk his life for. Gone. And just like that, it was back to the late nights of not being able to sleep, having no motivation, crying for hours, eating nothing or not enough, and telling everyone I'm ok. I wasn't. That's when Louis started cutting himself again he first started when jay died and Damien started beating him the scars just started to blur with the bruses. But Nick had told him to stop for him and for the footie team. And He did because Louis didn't want Nick to be hurt, when one day his friend woke up and Louis wasn't there , When one day Nick called but only for it to ring out into nothing. HAHA painfully ironic isn't it Nick made him stop the first time and made him start the second.

* END of flashback *

Nick walks up to Louis and Louis braces himself for what's about to happen. By all means, Louis is not weak, he is trained to fight but he couldn't even bring himself to fight Nick ever.

"you're disgusting"

and punches him in the gut as he spits out insults at the smaller boy. Every insult is paired with a punch. Louis wanted to fight back but he couldn't, he just couldn't. He feels himself about to pass out when in between Nick's insults he hears a car come to a halt. Louis's eyes burn too close so he does but he is still conscious he hears loud yelling and someone new takes Louis into their arms. Someone new and warm- well as warm as you can be in the down pouring rain. And the new person's Vanilla sweet scent fills Louis's nostrils, And with that Louis passes out not knowing who is placing him in a car gently and who just saved him. Louis doesn't really care either because for once he finally feels somewhat protected and safe in the warm car flooded with the delicious scent of sweet vanilla.