CHAPTER 6 - Pillow Fights, Headaches, and Stargazing.

Karkat pov

"YEAH, FINE. I'LL COME."

Here's the context to the sentence above. Dave's nerd boyfriend invited me to a giant sleepover with everyone I knew and was comfortable with (not Vriska, she can go die in a hole). The worst part? Dave was gonna be there, so there was no way of escaping or avoiding him today.

But the weird thing was that the two didn't walk home together. That was probably one of the weirdest things I'd seen all week. And I had seen some pretty weird shit. I don't even want to talk about it.

Anyway, yeah. The giant sleepover. It was the last thing I needed right now, but John convinced me into going. I don't want to admit it, but that idiot kind of has a way with words.

I was on my way there when I got a Trollian notification. It was Terezi.

GC: HURRY UP, SLOWPOK3!!
GC: 3V3RYON3 3LS3 1S 4LR34DY H3R3!
CG: I'M ON MY WAY, WHY DON'T YOU LEARN SOME PATIENCE?
GC: W3LL SORRY OH SO GR34T L34D3R FOR HURT1NG YOUR F33L1NGS >:[
CG: OH SHUT UP. ALSO, YOU'RE KIND OF MAKING ME EVEN SLOWER, SO BYE.

Right then, I got to John's house, reluctantly knocking on the door. He answers it, smiling as soon as he sees me. "Hey Karkat! Come in!" He opened the door wide enough for me to go in the house. If I'm being honest, it was probably one of the nicest houses I've seen yet.

Everyone else was in the living room, just chatting and having fun. "You can put your bag here," John gestured to a corner near the door that had a bunch of bags hanging from hooks. I put mine on one of them, amazed at how the thing wasn't falling off the wall from all of that weight. I went into the living room, and was immediately tackled by Nepeta.

"x33< karkitty!!! you actually came!!" she exclaimed, hugging me tightly. I just gave her a tiny hug back.

"YEAH, I'M HERE, HOORAY," I said sarcastically.

"Karkat! I honestly thought you wouldn't actually show up! 8ut I was o8viously wrong, cause look who's here," Vriska appeared behind me, resting her elbow on my shoulder as Nepeta let go of me, making me flinch.

"HOLY FUCK, VRISKA! YOU NEED TO STOP SCARING ME LIKE THAT!" I yanked myself away from her. And then John walked into the room and I noticed the tension between him and Dave. "OKAY, WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? I CAN TELL SOMETHING'S WRONG, EGBERT," I sat next to him on the floor, everyone else still chatting amongst themselves.

"Well, I think Dave's mad at me or something," John started, fidgeting with his hands. "He hasn't talked to me much since we broke up."

I was genuinely surprised when I heard this. John and Dave always seemed like the perfect couple. I don't know why I thought that, though, because I was obviously wrong. "WAIT, WHAT? YOU GUYS BROKE UP? WHY?"

"Well, I told him we would be better as friends, because we had more arguments and stuff when we were actually in a relationship," John explained, and I just nodded.

"WELL, HAVE YOU TRIED TALKING TO HIM?"

"Uh, no."

"THAT'S WHY. IT SEEMS LIKE HE FEELS THE EXACT SAME WAY YOU DO."

"Oh," And that's all he could say in the moment. He looked over at Dave, who looked away from him instantly. I noticed how awkward it was and just sighed.

"I'LL LEAVE YOU GUYS ALONE NOW," We both got up, going in opposite directions.

(timeskip to 9 o'clock brought to you by dave strudel)

Also be Dave Strudel

All of us were in a big room that looked like it was made for sleepovers. Nepeta and Jade were curled up on beanbags, Vriska, Terezi, Gamzee and Tavros were having a team pillow fight, Aradia, Feferi and Kanaya were doing a hair braiding train with Kanaya in the back (since she has hair that is physically unbraidable), Rose was reading, sitting on a bed that was built into the wall, me and John were just sitting in a corner full of plushies, Karkat and Sollux were just talking, and Equius was sleeping while Eridan tried to sabotage Gamzee and Tavros's pillow wall.