Good night

<7:52pm>

Me and Tessa are just reading the book we bought from online shopping, Although were quiet, we're actually enjoying the story of the book we're reading. Our imagination were running wild.

Tessa takes a quick look at me then followed by a smile.

"I'm glad we bought it. It was the last of the stock."

I nodded and continues to read on silent. Tessa's smiles continues as she turns her eyes towards the book again.

It was still raining heavily and I can hear the television downstairs, broadcasting about the typhoon entering our country.

My body starts to get cold. My skin was pale and I kept on rubbing my hand.

"Kunin ko lang socks ko."

I said, as I stood up from my bed and goes to my closet and browsed for my sock.

Tessa closed the book we were reading and took a long yawn.

"I'm getting sleepy na, Ric.."

I looked back at her whilst I continued to look for my sock.

"Pwede ka naman matulog diyan sa bed ko, if you want."

Tessa excitingly grabs my pillow and hugs it like she's been waiting for me to say that.

I finally found my socks and wears it. I looked back at Tessa, her eyes was close and she's peacefully breathing in and out.

I grabbed a blanket and covers her body with it. The rain hasn't stopped yet, the black clouds at the sky were still covering the moon.

I also yawned and my eye starts to get slightly heavier.

"Lamig.." i said, talking to myself.

No wonder I'm tired, we were on the road for almost 2 hours earlier.

My bed was big enough for 2 peoples to sleep in, so I just laid beside Tessa and turns my body on the opposite direction of Tessa.

My body was far away from Tessa, Avoiding any physical touch. I feel shy to lay beside her, but my drowsiness was taking over me.

Well, who cares? It's my bed.

Nilalamig talaga ako, and the blanket was on Tessa. I reached for it and also cover myself with it, I was stopped by the face of Tessa.

Is she really this cute when sleeping? We were friends for about 3 years now and this is the first time I've seen her this pretty.

Before I knew, I was staring at Tessa's face. Her eyes slowly parts away from each other and I quickly withdraw my face back.

"Oh? tatabi ka pala sakin?" She asked, with a sleepy-tired voice.

"This is my bed, Tessa.." I said sarcastically, trying not to look at her face.

We're both in bed laying and awkwardly not saying anything.

The awkward silence was broken by the loud thunder on the sky.

I was also shocked, but Tessa suddenly jumps right on me and wrapped her legs and arms around me.

"EEK!" She screamed silently as the bright flash of the thunder on the sky hits again.

What do I expect? She's a girl, ofcourse there are some girls who are also scared on lightnings.

Hindi lang mukha pero mas nanginginig na din ako sa takot.

Don't judge me! Takot din ako sa kidlat at normal din ito sa mga lalaki.

I just squinted my eyes close and firmly holds the sheet of my bed, like a child about to be given an injection.