Chapter Twenty-Six

Valerie

The Great Hall was buzzing with excitement, couples slow dancing and groups gossiping in corners. Audrey led the way, navigating the sea of fancy robes and glittering dresses like she owned the place. Soon enough, they found Elyse and Caleb, who were violently making out in a corner.
Audrey wrinkled her nose, "Ugh, seriously? Can't they save that for the broom closet?"

Valerie snickered, "Guess they're just getting into the Yule spirit."
Audrey shot Valerie a look "Xavier and Maddison should be around here somewhere"

The search for the missing pair led them to the refreshment table where Xavier was enthusiastically loading his plate with snacks while Maddison sipped on the spiked punch like it was water.

Audrey grinned, "There you two are! What's with the food binge, Xavier?"
Xavier looked up, a handful of chips hanging from his mouth. "Gotta fuel up for the dance floor, Auds." Maddison chuckled, "Where's your man at?"

Audrey rolled her eyes, "Not everyone's man is attached at their hip like yours, Maddy. Have you guys seen him?"
Xavier gestured vaguely, "He went to, uh, freshen up or something. You know how he is about his hair."
Valerie chimed in, "And by 'freshen up,' he means he probably went to stare at himself in the mirror for an hour."

Maddison snorted, "Classic Draco."
Audrey shook her head, "Alright, let's not roast my boyfriend too much. I'm going to go find him"
Audrey marched off, determined to locate Malfoy amidst the Yule ball chaos. Valerie, Xavier, and Maddison lingered by the refreshment table, munching on snacks and people-watching.

Valerie nodded toward the dance floor, where Elyse and Caleb twirled and swayed to the music. "Looks like the lovebirds are finally taking a break from their make-out marathon."

Xavier chuckled, "Yeah, maybe they ran out of breath. Those two are like a pair of hungry grindylows."

Maddison smirked, "Or maybe they realized there's more to a party than just tongue hockey."
Valerie groaned, "God I hate PDA."

Just then, Audrey returned, a bemused expression on her face. "Couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe he's outside"
Valerie teased, "Or maybe he's practicing his dramatic entrance in the bathroom for when he finally decides to join the party."

Xavier leaned in, "You know, if he spent half as much time on his Quidditch game as he does on his hair, Slytherin might actually have a shot at winning the House Cup."

They shared a laugh, but Audrey's eyes darted to the entrance. "Speak of the devil. There he is."
Draco Malfoy sauntered in, his platinum blond hair perfectly styled, as expected.

He joined the group, "Miss me?" He said as he wrapped his arms around Audrey's waist with a big smirk on his face.
Audrey smiled, "Maybe"
Malfoy chuckled, "Well, I can't disappoint my adoring fans, can I?" He kissed Audrey, earning a not so discreet eye roll from Valerie.

Xavier muttered, "Get a room, you two."
Draco winked at her, "Maybe we will." He grabbed Audrey's face and started making out with her like no one was in the room.

Maddison grinned, "Alright, that would be my cue to go. I heard they've got those magical desserts that make you float. I wanna try one." She looked at Xavier, who was still munching down his plate of food, "Want to come with me babe?"

Xavier put his plate down and eagerly nodded, the two of them walking away. Valerie looked at Audrey, who still had Malfoy's tongue down her throat.
Elyse and Caleb approached, breathless but beaming. "Hey, guys! What did we miss?" Elyse asked, still catching her breath.

Valerie smirked, "Oh, nothing much. Audrey and Malfoy making out like the stars are about to explode, and Maddison and Xavier ditching us for floating desserts. You know, the Hogwarts usual."