Chapter 2: A Night in Kalos.

It was dark and it was cold.

But soon enough, it became bright and full of warmth.

This was a time when her eyes shined as she took in the sight of Lumiose City.

The young girl overlooked snow topped buildings. Lights and other festive decorations placed upon the doors and windows. She saw Pokémon happily accompanied by their trainers. She couldn't help but smile.

The name of the girl went by the name of Liko, who was currently leaning over the edge of the Brave Asagi, an airship she called home after years of living within it. The setting was calm, with a few snowflakes touching the tip of her nose. It was also quiet, only having the wind whistling through her dark hair as the blue hue of her undercut revealed itself.

Liko shivered as she glanced at her own clothes. Her winter attire was similar to her traveling clothes, but it was longer and a little bit darker. She wore a dark red scarf and warm stockings with glossy white boots. She had almost everything except for a pair of gloves.

"How could I forget wearing gloves in weather like this?" She whispered to herself.

She rubbed her hands together and began to turn back but was halted as she met the eyes of her best friend. A person who was practically the opposite of her. He was more upbeat and bold, something that probably rubbed on her over the years as she too gained much needed confidence. His name was Roy, a boy from Kanto that she befriended years ago.

"You forgot these before you went out." Roy spoke in a hushed tone as he handed the gloves to her.

Liko took the gloves and swiftly put them on. The gloves were green by nature and had a printed Sprigatito. She looked at Roy and smiled. He was wearing his old vest with black pants and added long sleeves for the winter. He had his old cap of course, but had a small rip at the end, showing it had aged over time.

"Thank you for bringing my gloves." Liko said gratefully.

"No prob." Roy replied as he walked past her to the ship's edge.

"So, are you excited to see the world champion?" Liko asked, now standing beside him.

"Oh man, I can't wait to see him!" He answered excitedly as his magenta colored eyes glimmered.

"I can tell." She chuckled before turning her gaze ahead.

After a few moments, they noticed the grand tower of Lumiose City. It was much bigger than they originally thought. It glowed like a beacon, and they could almost feel the electricity radiating off of it. It was truly remarkable what the people of Kalos have created here. It's even more impressive that this city was ravaged during an incident long ago, but seeing it now looks like nothing ever happened to it.

"I still can't believe we got hired by Mr. Clemont for our upcoming treasure hunt." Roy spoke out of the blue.

"I'm surprised as well, but we are here to learn more about this hunt he has planned." Liko added.

"Yeah."

They stood there in comfortable silence until the duo heard their phones go off. It was a text from Dot informing that the ship was preparing for the docking procedures, meaning it was time to head back inside. Usually, the Brave Asagi needed a flat terrain to land, but luckily, Lumiose Tower had a mooring mast to allow it to dock securely in place. After a couple of minutes, they managed to hook onto the tower with not much difficulty. Once the ship was locked in place, a bridge-like platform came out of the tower to allow them to set foot.

Members of the Rising Volt Tacklers began to show up one by one. Friede and Captain Pikachu were the first to touch the platform. As a way to test it, Friede decided to stomp his foot. Once satisfied, he turned his head around.