𝗔𝟭| Ⅶ

Wand Weighing

𓆩 𓆩 𓆩 𓆩♡𓆪 𓆪 𓆪 𓆪

𓆩 𓆩 𓆩 𓆩♡𓆪 𓆪 𓆪 𓆪

Aurélie went down to breakfast with the rest of Beauxbatons and took her usual seat next to Luna.

"Congratulations Elie, have you written to Aunt Katie?" Luna asked.

"No not yet, I'm going to after breakfast." Said Aurélie.

After breakfast Aurélie went to the owlery after she wrote her letter so she can send it to her mum.

Dear Mum,

Hogwarts has been amazing! It's exactly like you said. It's been great to be able to spend more time with Luna and she's been showing us round.

With the tournament, I've been chosen as champion! There are three tasks to do, if I send the dates and ask if you can come to them would you be able to? It might only be the last one but I would love to see you again!

Is there going to be a Yule ball? Is that why we need dress robes? If that's the case then we won't be coming home for Christmas unfortunately.

Miss you loads and I'll make sure Céleste and Luna write to you as well!

Love, Elie x

Once she got back from the Owlery Madame Maxine took her to where she was supposed to to meet the other champions.

She was in a fairly small classroom; most of the desks had been pushed away to the back of the room, leaving a large space in the middle; three of them, however, had been placed end-to-end in front of the blackboard and covered with a long length of velvet. Five chairs had been set behind the velvet-covered desks, and Ludo Bagman was sitting in one of them, talking to a witch Aurélie had never seen before, who was wearing magenta robes.

Viktor Krum was standing moodily in a corner as usual and not talking to anybody. Cedric started a conversation with Aurélie.

A paunchy man, holding a large black camera that was smoking slightly, was watching Aurélie out of the corner of his eye. She did notice him but payed no attention to it.

Bagman suddenly spotted Harry, got up quickly, and bounded forward.

"Ah, here he is! Champion number four! In you come, Harry, in you come . . . nothing to worry about, it's just the wand weighing ceremony, the rest of the judges will be here in a moment —"

"Wand weighing?" Harry repeated nervously.

"We have to check that your wands are fully functional, no problems, you know, as they're your most important tools in the tasks ahead," said Bagman. "The expert's upstairs now with Dumbledore. And then there's going to be a little photo shoot. This is Rita Skeeter," he added, gesturing toward the witch in magenta robes. "She's doing a small piece on the tournament for the Daily Prophet. . . ."