episode 1: playful origins pt1

We see a pony in a cloak carrying a hoof made basket. The pony stops at the doorstep of canterlot castle in the middle of the Night; he sets the basket down and removes the contents...a young foal. The foal lays in the basket, his dark blue coat and black mane with green tips a beautiful contrast against the wicker. The colt begins to arouse, his green eyes curiously entranced with a nearby flower, which he attempts to pick using his magic, and while he’s unsuccessful he continues to try. While the foal was doing this the pony holding him lowered his hood a bit to reveal his horn, the longer he holds the foal the weaker he seemed, he touched the tip of the foal’s horn with his own. He left it there and started to speak in a rough tongue applying his magic which looks like fire whose color was that of space. As this transpires the pony starts to fade and as this happens the cloak just floats as if in water only where the pony faded away the last to go was the tip of his horn. The foal floats back into the basket by the magic of the dispersed pony; the cloak was used as a blanket. The knocker was lifted slowly by the same magic as if weakened; the magic dispersed and the knocker fell. The foal’s horn was surrounded by the magic of the pony who vanished; the magic turned green and faded. Princess Luna opened the door and looked around to see the again sleeping foal; luna looks out into the Night to see the pony who left this foal. Not having seen anypony she took the foal in.

[Theme song here]

We see a crystal room with books lining the walls and a bed containing the grown up version of the foal, he sits up as he wakes. He moves to a manikin to put on a skintight jumpsuit and a vest with mechanical wings attached to it; closing his eyes he applies his magic, wincing a bit. A guard knocks on his door.
Guard: “Jmark Moon? It is time for you to wake up.”
Jmark: eyes still closed “Thanks for the wake up call.”
The guard leaves and we cut to see jmark lost in thought heading down the stairs. At the bottom he seems to snap back to reality and head to the reception desk.
Jmark: “Hello sarine”
Sarine: “Hey J. here for the princess’ mail?”
J: “Yep sure am. How’s everything going?”
Sarine: “Great; if i could only find the mail.”
J uses a sorting spell, he perfected for receptionists like Serine, as he does daily.
Sarine: “Thanks; again J. you’re a lifesaver.”
J: “No prob”
He then heads back up the stairs, mail in mouth even though he has magic, to Twilight’s office.
Twi: “Good morning Jmark.” she says not looking away from her scrolls.
J: “Yep. So what we learning today?”
Twi:  “Your lessons for today are cancelled;” she looks up at J “my niece, Princess Flurry Heart, will be arriving at the station in a half hour on the crystal express. Can you please pick her up for me?”
J: “Yes; Twilight.”
Twi: “ Also...can you Show her around; please give her a good time...and make her feel welcome?”
J: thoughtfully “The Hearts and hooves day festival in going to start in forty five minutes; maybe i can take her there.”
Twi: obviously relieved “That sounds wonderful; and maybe you could introduce her to your friends.”
J: “One step ahead of you there.”
Twi: “You’re such a help Jmark; thank you” her eyes say she feels like she forgot something.
J: “I better get going if i want to catch her train. Your welcome Twilight.”
A guard passes J on his way out
Guard: “Princess....”
We transition to see J waiting at the station, full of couples arriving, and waiting for a long distance ponies for the festival. The station clears and next train to arrive is the crystal express. A few crystal guards arrive and start to unload baggage, to Jmark's surprise; for he thought it was just a visit. Flash appears accompanied by a smaller pony roughly jmark’s age.
Flash: “Oh hey J;” looks side to side, “Did Princess Twilight send you?”
J: “Yep.”
Flash: “Welp here she is Princess Flurry Heart.”
Flurry looked timidly through her mane at j. He could see her eyes and sense her inner terror. And, knowing how to deal with this from interactions with fluttershy, wrote a note and put it with the baggage and teleport it to the castle. And rolled a scroll over to flurry’s hoof.
Flash: “Well j; i have to go. Have fun Princess.”
Flurry: she went wide eyed and said “No!” to the leaving train. She stared for a few seconds then looked down at the scroll at her hooves; she uncertainty picked it up with her magic and unrolled it. At seeing its contents she  brushes aside her mane and looked at Jmark with a smile; a tear in her eye.
J:” Hello.”
Flurry: “Hey” she said weakly
J: “I’m Jmark Moon; you can call me J, or as my friends call me, mechy.”
Flurry: she looks around and frowns in disappointment “Where’s my aunt; Princess Twilight Sparkle?”
J: “She is swamped with work; so she sent me, her protégé, to pick you up. It looks like you need a pick-me-up.” he said the joke to lighten the mood. She laughed.
Flurry: “Well let's head to the castle i guess.”
J: “Actually,” He said, drawn out “I was told to show you around ponyville...and a good time. The hearts and hooves day festival is right around the corner from the train station.” she blushed and stepped back a bit. J: blushing “Not like that; like friends. Totally different.”
Flurry: “I’m sorry, how rude of me. I’m Princess Flurry Heart. … sorry about earlier; I’ve just never been away from my parents this long before and,” J cut her off with a sign.
J: “It’s alright. I know; i never knew my parents. I was raised by Luna and Celestia.” at this Flurry looked aghast
Flurry: “Then i look like a brat! For my behavior!” she started to tear up and collapsed to her knees.
J: “No, no! You look like a pony who’s afraid of new surroundings; that’s all.” Flurry looked up at the pony consoling her, and leaned into his shoulder. After a few thank  you’s and tears being wiped from eyes; they headed to the festival in time to see the opening ceremony. Flurry looking on in wonder never really having enjoyed a festival before. After a few carnival games, stuffed prizes, Cotton candy-apples, and a trip around ponyville that wasn't in the festival they went to sugar cube corner where J’s friends were about to have lunch like every Saturday. They were at the corner table like always. J: “Hello everypony; this is Twilight’s niece Princess Flurry Heart.”
Flurry: “Hello.” she said the ice having been broken at the train station
Dj: “Wub” Dj is a unicorn who more closely resembles his mom Vinyl  Scratch. He doesn’t talk much but once you’re his friend you have an eternal place in his heart. He’s brilliant and invents better and better ways to Dj.
Spectrum Dash: “Sup.” Spectrum Dash is a rainbow colored mane, gray coated pegasus. He’s a weather pony like his mom, Rainbow Dash, was. His coat comes from his dad, Soarin Wondercolt. Nickname: Spec
Moonlit Amethyst: “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” she is a gray coated pegasus a bit darker than Spec. Nickname: Ame (pronounced like amy)
Flurry: “It’s so nice to have met you all.”
J: “Sorry I’m a little late, i was told by Twi to show Flurry around and a good time.
Ame: “It’s alright Jmark; Twilight’s a Princess, you have to do what she says.”
Flurry: “I hope we can be friends.”
Spec: “You kiddin? We’re best friends already!”
J: “Glad to hear that.”
Cheese Sandwich: “Hello guys welcome to sugar cube corner! The usual?”
After lunch we all head back to Twi’s castle.
Sarine: “Hey guys. ... Princess Flurry Heart.” at that she gets up and bows; she holds it.
Flurry: “You can call me Flurry.”
Sarine: still bowing “OK P-... Flurry”
Flurry: she rubs her forehead “Rise.” she commands in exasperation
Sarine: forgot that she was bowing rises and resumes her place at the desk. “Sorry it’s just been so long. How’s your mother doing?”
Flurry: “She’s great, a little sad because of my departure. My dad is proud of me for the same reason.”
J: “Sarine where’s Twilight?”
Sarine: “She’s in the throne room.”
J: “Can you alert her to our arrival?”
Sarine: “Certainly.” she starts writing on a scroll as J, Flurry and the others head past the desk to the throne room; J knocks on the door.
Twi: “Come in.” as we enter a scroll teleports in front of Twi. “ i need to have her practice more with that spell.” she said absentmindedly. Twilight was on her throne the cutie map littered with scrolls.
Flurry: “Aunty Twilight!”
Twi: “Flurry Heart!”
Together(Twi & Flurry): “Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake; clap your hooves, and do a little shake! (giggle, giggle)”
A guard busts in.
Guard: “Princess! A pony came out of the everfree forest and needs medical attention!”
Twi: “Well then give it to her.”
Guard: “It’s not that simple Princess. For she’s an alicorn.”
Twi: “Bring her and nurse Redheart to me.”
Guard: “Certainly, princess” after the guard leaves twilight turns to jmark
Twi: “Jmark? Is your prototype medical equipment in the designated room?”
J: takes a strange glee in the matter “Time for a field test.”
We cut to a bedroom where there’s a sleeping alicorn that looks like nothing anypony has ever seen before; surrounded by odd looking equipment. On the floor is special saddlebags with a pack on top of the back strap. She had lime green hair with two colored streaks running down it and on her front right upper leg she had a band with a strange rune on it. And she had a necklace with even more of the runes on it; it was taken off. And her cutie mark is weird. It was a diamond looking thing that had a star in it, and a weird star-like line structure with dots on the ends of them.
Red Heart: “I’m excited to see this equipment in action; jmark. If it works as intended, it will greatly improve our medical capabilities!”
J: “And I’m excited to teach you afterwards; if all goes well.”
Red: “twilight is lucky to have you as her protégé.”
J: “she’ll be pleased to hear that. Ready twilight?”
Twi: “as ready as I’ll ever be.”
Red: “she’s had the substance you gave me.”
J: mumbles “alrighty then.”
[activating dual bio-scan.]
J: “power levels at optimum usage. All systems are go.”
[scan at 20% ...40% ...80% ...90% ...scan complete]
J: “analyzing data.”
[scan shows no serious damage on or in the patient. Scan also shows several minor injuries. The are as follows, dehydration, fatigue, malnutrition, small doses of poison joke toxin in the stomach, electrolyte imbalance, small blunt force shock to the back of the head, and an object irreversibly around the patient’s  front right upper leg]
Red: “that should mean she’s in a coma.”
J: “yes and the scanner couldn’t determine the length of it. It could be in a few moments or a few years.”
[suggested treatments include: nutrient tube, an IV, antibiotics, a “coma cocktail”, the toxin cure injected in the mouth, and rest. Printing treatment plan]
Red: “I’ll take her to the hospital.”
Twi: “that will not be necessary; jmark will make sure that she’ll be in good hooves.”
J: “now that i know that the scanner works I’ll send you one with a scroll with the appointments for training and testing of the other machines.” Red heart torn between her conscience and twilight’s orders. She promises to make house calls daily to check on the patient.after she leaves;
J: “how about i show you to your room, Flurry?”
Flurry: looks at twi, who nods, and looks back at j “that would be lovely. Thank you.”
We cut to the next morning at sugar cube corner. This is jmark’s free day so he has the whole day to hangout. J: after finishing his food ” are we still on for our trip?”
Spec: finishing his food to “yea we are! Right guys?”
All (except flurry): “yea”
Flurry: “what trip?”
Spec: “we’ve been planning a trip to the castle of the two pony sisters.”
J: “ with a stop at zecora’s hut for lunch. She’s cooking something from her home land.”
Ame: “zecora is a zebra that lives in the ever-free.”
Flurry: goes pale with her pupils small and ears down “you mean the very forest that the alicorn came out of? The very forest that gave that alicorn a coma?!?”
J: “yes; if zecora, a mear zebra, can live there. I see no reason that we can’t stay a night. I already asked twilight if you could go and she loved the idea.”
Dj: “you know; that's where twilight and her friends found the elements of harmony.”
Ame: “You know you are a friend in Dj’s book if he talked to you.” we cut to see j and flurry heading to the castle where talking about the trip; they were surprised by Sarine.
Sarine: “hey guys twilight has requested your presence in the guest’s room.”
J: “thanks sarine.”
We cut to see them, hesitate then enter the room to see the “guest” awake. She looks at the ponies entering; and gasps.
?: “Jmark? You're alive?”